Germany United with U.K.

Selbourne

Just left Travemunde on Aurora having been in Hamburg where flags on state buildings were at half mast in recognition of the Manchester attack. As we sailed past the promenade in Travemunde, one of the bars played the UK national anthem at full blast. Very emotional for all on board.

Just left Travemunde on Aurora having been in Hamburg where flags on state buildings were at half mast in recognition of the Manchester attack. As we sailed past the promenade in Travemunde, one of the bars played the UK national anthem at full blast. Very emotional for all on board.

What a lovely gesture.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Quote-

"No act of kindness, no matter how small , is ever wasted " -Aesop

Very nice of them to do so. Manchester is not alone, they are in a lot of people's thoughts.

Well done Germany.

Someone said to me today that incidents like the tragedy in Manchester bring out the best in humanity. Too true.

Thanks to those German friends.

I couldn't help myself thinking that the 'focus on the good' is ok, but if it was someone I knew who had been injured or killed I'd have a hard time even getting close to that [emoji45]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were lucky enough to be on Adonia a few years back when she went through the Kiel canal. It was an amazing day and the German people on the banks were lovely - waving and cheering. The pub in the middle - can't remember the name of the place - welcomed us on their loudspeakers and played Rule Britannia

It makes me so ashamed at sailaway when the childish entertainments team insist on playing the Dambusters song every time we are in port next to a German ship

A wonderful tribute by the Germans. I lived in Germany (Dortmund and Wuppertal) for 6 years in the 50's as my Father was stationed there with BAOR. The people were still recovering from the war but bore no malice towards the British Soldiers and families, in fact my father had a former U Boat Kapitan as his staff car driver !!

My thoughts are with the Mancurians and all of UK.

Rule Britannia !!