Cabins at back of E deck on Ventura and Azura

amajaa

Has anyone been in these cabins and if so how much noise can you hear from the late night venue below?

Thinking of booking for Daughter's family with 2 young children so a bit concerned about this. Specifically the deluxe balcony as it has sofa bed for the kids ( worried about them falling out of Pullman bunks) . Do you get dressings gowns and slippers in deluxe balcony and again if so what about the kids, I assume they don't have children's ones.

Can't specifically speak of P&O when I say this as the only cabin of this type and location we've had was on the Emerald Princess, but they're the same ship design.

The balconies are lovely because you still get the sun but it's shaded so it's not harsh. We were in cabin E721 and we couldn't hear anything. I've read that E730 gets a lot of noise though as it's above the loudspeakers. The cabin vibrated quite a bit at night, but it wasn't dramatic enough to keep us up or wake us up in the morning.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have stayed in c752 on Ventura and as previously stated there was a faint thumping of base at night but nothing too serious. The early morning wake up calls when docking and the thrusters shaking the cabin became more problematic for us as we saw 5am too many mornings for our liking! We spoke to someone who was staying in the suite beneath us who was less than impressed about the late night noise and was battling with reception to get them to turn the speakers down after 12. Not wanting to put you off just giving my opinion. Have a great cruise whatever you decide! :D

We done a mini cruise and I think we have stayed in these cabins, are you talking about the few that jut out at the rear of the ship?

We had no problems with noise but did feel the vibration from the thrusters Quite often, the balconys are more shaded than others and there was an awful eggy type smell on balconys for the first couple of days of our cruise that was so bad we couldn't leave doors open as it stunk out the cabin,

we were told it was due to a fawlty extractor fan below us , not sure if this is an on going problem or not. Ironically we booked a cruise to the canaries today and was offered these cabins but we chose an alternative purely on the balcony shade issues.

Despite the above the cabins were very nice and this didn't spoil our cruise whatsoever.

3 of us stayed in e723 - 725 - 727. No issues with noise mine was young enough to need a cot last time... this time we are staying in e725 again and he will be in a fold down this time....

• 1 year later...
Can't specifically speak of P&O when I say this as the only cabin of this type and location we've had was on the Emerald Princess, but they're the same ship design.

The balconies are lovely because you still get the sun but it's shaded so it's not harsh. We were in cabin E721 and we couldn't hear anything. I've read that E730 gets a lot of noise though as it's above the loudspeakers. The cabin vibrated quite a bit at night, but it wasn't dramatic enough to keep us up or wake us up in the morning.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Dan,

Do you have any pictures of the Balcony that you had for cabin E721 please.

I’m looking at the Azura room E717 and I think they are similar but don’t want to book if it’s a steel front rather than glass.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you

Anybody have any info or pictures of balcony E717 on the Azura?

All I have been told is it’s sheltered but I can see some can been a steel box and some can just have a balcony above so would like to know what to expect....

Thank you guys,

This is my first cruise and wondering weather to upgrade to mid ship on and overlooked balcony or not

Stayed in Suite D736 last month, didn’t hear any noise from Havana.

There was noise from thrusters for a few minutes when docking early, no smells and no shouting from crew to dockside.

Aft cabins are noisier with the wake and engines and vibration sometimes.

Stayed in Suite D736 last month, didn’t hear any noise from Havana.

There was noise from thrusters for a few minutes when docking early, no smells and no shouting from crew to dockside.

Aft cabins are noisier with the wake and engines and vibration sometimes.

Hi Dave,

Do you have any photos of your balcony?

Thanks for the info!

Hi Chris, if you can send me your email or Facebook name I have a few.

Dave.

Actually Chris, I have just remembered if you search Orcades Suite on Azura there is a video on Youtube, Ventura is exactly the same but newer sift furnishing colours.

Dave

Hi, I stayed in a Cabin E731 on my very recent ( 14-21 July ) Azura cruise. The balcony for this cabin is much bigger than standard and is part solid and part plexi glass and steel. Great for a family in terms of size and shaded by the overhang which gives protection from the elements but doesn’t block all the sun either. We heard no noise whatsoever from the Manhattan lounge below, in fact this area of the ship is very quiet as we only had a suite beyond us in the corridor! You do feel some vibration when docking but ther than that it’s a great spot to be in plus it’s the cheapest balcony grade too.

Hi, I stayed in a Cabin E731 on my very recent ( 14-21 July ) Azura cruise. The balcony for this cabin is much bigger than standard and is part solid and part plexi glass and steel. Great for a family in terms of size and shaded by the overhang which gives protection from the elements but doesn’t block all the sun either. We heard no noise whatsoever from the Manhattan lounge below, in fact this area of the ship is very quiet as we only had a suite beyond us in the corridor! You do feel some vibration when docking but ther than that it’s a great spot to be in plus it’s the cheapest balcony grade too.

Thank you so much for your help and advice! I really appreciate it. Do you have a picture of what your balcony looked like??

Hi We stayed in E721 on Ventura and loved it .. So much we booked the same cabin again. There was no noise from the club below and plenty of room for 2 adults and 2 children. You do not get dressing gowns in these cabins as far as I know either for adults or children.

We always book an aft cabin when we can as we love to see the wake and generally there is less traffic in the corridor at night time when we're trying to get our son to sleep. We also prefer a sofa bed for our son for the same reasons as you. However we tend to go for D deck or higher based on comments we've read such as these:

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2614255&highlight=E730

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2397644&highlight=E730

It you do go for an E deck cabin aft it looks like starboard side is the place to be as others have said.

All the best

Damian