Fun Day With Kids In Nassau ** Any Suggestions **

Irish13

Looking for something to do with a 6 and 9 yr old when we stop in Nassau. I have not been there in about 12 years and it was not so great back then so looking for some safe too.

Thanks

I actually did look into that and it is not only extremely expensive but the reviews are horrible. Basically saying Day pass holders are treated differently than people staying in the hotel and that they have priority over the day pass holders. I don't want to spend all day waiting in line especially not for that much money.

I am really looking for a nice beach to go to if you have any suggestions.

Thanks for responding

Have you looked at the options for passes to the Atlantis water park?

And a tour of the Dig is worthwhile for everyone.

We are doing a beach day at a different island, but we are traveling with children the same age as yours. In Nassau we are going to Ardastra Zoo and the Pirate Museum. We are only in port from 7 am to 2 pm, so our time is limited. I agree with you that Atlantis is over priced.

Has anyone been to Junkanoo Beach and if so what was your experience? The reviews are so different it's hard to really tell.

The pirate tour may be fun with the museum, there's also a glass-bottom boat option. You'll get more ideas by posting on the Bahamas port forum.

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone been to Junkanoo Beach and if so what was your experience? The reviews are so different it's hard to really tell.

We went to Junkanoo fairly recently. It was an easy walk, no worries about safety to/from for us, beach was decent and great shots of the ships in port from the beach. It's definitely a cheap (can be free if you don't want to rent a chair or buy food/drinks) and easy day.

I did a full review with TONS of pictures and you can find it in my signature line. :)

Thanks so much for responding..

I tried to click on the tab and it comes up as an error .. Can you send me the link ?

Also how did you get directions on how to get there ?

We went to Junkanoo fairly recently. It was an easy walk, no worries about safety to/from for us, beach was decent and great shots of the ships in port from the beach. It's definitely a cheap (can be free if you don't want to rent a chair or buy food/drinks) and easy day.

I did a full review with TONS of pictures and you can find it in my signature line. :)

You can go on line and find a resort for a day. You will be able to spend the day at the resort- and enjoy. Not only the Atlantis, but other nice hotels are available. We did the Atlantis, and the last time we went the beach was disappointing- it was narrow and the water was rough. I think the Hilton near the port sells day passes. Enjoy your day.

Thanks so much for responding..

I tried to click on the tab and it comes up as an error .. Can you send me the link ?

Also how did you get directions on how to get there ?

Here's the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=42983253 The review starts at post #478.

We booked with the cruise line because our other option was to go on our own by going outside the terminal and having to catch a cab over to Paradise and then catching the ferry over to Blue Lagoon. We wanted to make the most of our day and take the easiest route, plus I liked the fact that when you do the cruise excursion, they pick you up (the ferry) right inside the gate and no worries about all the hassling you get from people outside the gate. A lot of other people go the cab route and then transfer to the ferry. You could do either way.

No I am talking agoing to Junkanoo beach..

How did you know how to get there ?

Here's the link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=42983253 The review starts at post #478.

We booked with the cruise line because our other option was to go on our own by going outside the terminal and having to catch a cab over to Paradise and then catching the ferry over to Blue Lagoon. We wanted to make the most of our day and take the easiest route, plus I liked the fact that when you do the cruise excursion, they pick you up (the ferry) right inside the gate and no worries about all the hassling you get from people outside the gate. A lot of other people go the cab route and then transfer to the ferry. You could do either way.

No I am talking agoing to Junkanoo beach..

How did you know how to get there ?

Oh sorry....gosh I'm sorry, I was thinking of another thread I posted about Blue Lagoon. My apologies.

You just head outside the port and go right. Then you just follow the road, which will turn kind of left (no choice, that's how the road curves close to Senor Frogs) and then it will curve back around to the right. The beach is right around the corner from there basically. There's signs along the way so it would be very hard to get lost.

PB172127%20copy-M.jpg

nas1-M.jpg

I think this is what we are going to do because there are no excursions that really interest me and we really just want to go to the beach. How long did it take you to walk there ? There will be one other ship in port so hopefully it won't be too busy.

Oh sorry....gosh I'm sorry, I was thinking of another thread I posted about Blue Lagoon. My apologies.

You just head outside the port and go right. Then you just follow the road, which will turn kind of left (no choice, that's how the road curves close to Senor Frogs) and then it will curve back around to the right. The beach is right around the corner from there basically. There's signs along the way so it would be very hard to get lost.

PB172127%20copy-M.jpg

nas1-M.jpg

I think this is what we are going to do because there are no excursions that really interest me and we really just want to go to the beach. How long did it take you to walk there ? There will be one other ship in port so hopefully it won't be too busy.

Once you get out of the port, it takes around 10-15 minutes to get there depending on your pace. It's a super easy walk. :)