Buggy/pushchair

djwingy

Sailing 3rd June on the independence

does anyone know if you can hire a pushchair/buggy for the little one, not for when on board, its for when we dock and visit places like Florence, Rome etc,

or do we have to take our own, if so just thinking where we going to store it in our cabin

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Forums mobile app

Buggy/push cart? Is this child disabled or are you talking about a stroller for a baby or toddler?

Wheelchairs can be rented prior to boarding the ship. Otherwise umbrella strollers can purchased for $20 at Target before you leave home.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Buggy/push cart? Is this child disabled or are you talking about a stroller for a baby or toddler?

Wheelchairs can be rented prior to boarding the ship. Otherwise umbrella strollers can purchased for $20 at Target before you leave home.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sorry mean stroller

In the UK they call them buggy or pushchairs

We went on Independence when our child was 3. We didn't take a pushchair as he hadn't used it for months so never thought to take it. However we so needed it due to the amount of walking. We ended up buying one in Barcelona.

We're going on another cruise next year and our 2nd child will be just 4. We're after a pushchair for him to take, particularly for the evenings if he wants to sleep whilst we explore the ship. Struggling to find anything for children over 15kg. Don't want to spend much as won't use again ☹️

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think an umbrella type stroller will work up to 50 lbs, way more than 15 kg. You can get one in the US at any Walmart or Target store. The child will appreciate it, even on board. There is a lot of walking on a ship, and small legs walk more steps.

We went on Independence when our child was 3. We didn't take a pushchair as he hadn't used it for months so never thought to take it. However we so needed it due to the amount of walking. We ended up buying one in Barcelona.

We're going on another cruise next year and our 2nd child will be just 4. We're after a pushchair for him to take, particularly for the evenings if he wants to sleep whilst we explore the ship. Struggling to find anything for children over 15kg. Don't want to spend much as won't use again ☹️

I think you would be better served to park him in the kids club where he can nap supervised while you enjoy the evening. Check on the forum here for the cruise line you are using to see what their evening programs are. EM

Sailing 3rd June on the independence

does anyone know if you can hire a pushchair/buggy for the little one, not for when on board, its for when we dock and visit places like Florence, Rome etc,

or do we have to take our own, if so just thinking where we going to store it in our cabin

You will not be able to rent one on board - you will have to bring one with you. The umbrella type as described by cbelc would likely be your best option to consider.

• 1 month later...

Although you cannot rent a stroller for a child I would highly recommend you buy or bring a lightweight one that can fit under the bed or in a small closet. Although I've seen people with strollers of all sizes onboard. There is A LOT of walking on the ship and while in Port. I plan to bring one for my 5 year old in December. I packed a umbrella stroller for her 1st cruise when she was 2 and t worked well not to mention while in the airport.