Almond milk

Moparop

Is almond milk readily available on the ships? Do you need to ask specifically for it?

It is definitely available in the Lido at the juice bar along with lactose free, rice and some other specialty milks. However, you often have to ask for it. If they are low on stock they keep it hidden so that those who need to drink it for dietary reasons will be able to get it. Sometimes, it is only on one side in the Lido and not on both sides. However, the staff will direct you to the correct place. I have never asked for it in the dining room but I am sure they could get it for you. I have not had a problem during my last five or six cruises.

Leslie

Hey Mooguy and Roz. Hope some issue important to one of you guys results in helpful answers and not the equivalent of what you added to this thread.

Sent from my E2306 using Forums mobile app

filtered water and additives,

Dairy is, of course, Real "milk"

Almond milk is not milk....;)

Roz

+1.

This is the legal definition of milk according to the CFR -

"

[Title 21, Volume 2][Revised as of April 1, 2016][CITE: 21CFR131.110]

TITLE 21--FOOD AND DRUGSCHAPTER I--FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION

DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICESSUBCHAPTER B--FOOD FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION[color=#23238E][font=&quot]PART 131 -- MILK AND CREAM[/font][/color]

[color=#23238E][font=&quot]Subpart B--Requirements for Specific Standardized Milk and Cream[/font][/color]

Sec. 131.110 Milk.[font=Helvetica Neue][size=3](a) [i]Description.[/i] Milk is the lacteal secretion, practically free from colostrum, obtained by the complete milking of one or more healthy cows. Milk that is in final package form for beverage use shall have been pasteurized or ultrapasteurized, and shall contain not less than 8 1/4 percent milk solids not fat and not less than 3 1/4 percent milkfat. Milk may have been adjusted by separating part of the milkfat therefrom, or by adding thereto cream, concentrated milk, dry whole milk, skim milk, concentrated skim milk, or nonfat dry milk. Milk may be homogenized."[/size][/font]

[font=Helvetica Neue][size=3]

[/size][/font]

[font=Helvetica Neue][size=3]DON[/size][/font]

In my dictionary it defines milk in three ways including a white substance from both trees and plants ... Who made you the dietary police ???

Milk is produced by the mammary glands of mammals.

You can find the almond milk and other non-dairy beverages in the serving area where they used to provide fresh-squeezed orange juice.

^^That made me lol.

Thanks for asking the question, Moparop, and to those who gave helpful responses. I needed to know that as well.

Actually, that is how one drinks powdered milk.

I think that most of know that they are talking about milk substitutes.

igraf

filtered water and additives,

Dairy is, of course, Real "milk"