Dining on Silhouette

Momma8

You should check out the new menu in Tuscan Grill. Many of our favorites are no longer available. We were disappointed with the new selections.

Murano is outstanding and Lawn Club is excellent for dinner. Lawn Club has a burger lunch for $15 but not my cup of tea.

Thanks for the heads up re that new menu. We're probably leaning to Murano for the birthday celebration, as it's a little more special. Plenty of time to decide! :)

DH and I are dining at Murano for our anniversary. I'm shocked to see so many votes for Lawn Club as I didn't seem to interested in it. I guess we will give it a try! On my last cruise on the Solstice we went to Tuscan Grill and the Asian place (can't remember name ?!?) and I didn't find either completely exceptional but I ordered a steak at Tuscan and remember thinking it was just ok. Maybe I should have tried some of the true Italian fare. Seriously considering buying a package so we can try murano, lawn club, and Qsine. Qsine seems really interesting and fun... can anyone expand on why you didn't love it? Thanks!

I see a lot of people like the Tuscan, but we didn't care for it. Mainly, the serving sizes are so huge, it's ridiculous. I couldn't even eat half of my meal. We did it twice, won't be back again. Big waste of money. My hubby and I both think the restaurant needs to half the main entree serving sizes and chop the cover charge in half.

• 4 months later...
I'm shocked to see so many votes for Lawn Club as I didn't seem to interested in it!

You will only like (love) LCG if you like grilled foods. They have beef, lamb, chicken, and shrimp.

I love it! And, the hot chocolate chip cookie with ice cream is scrumptious. :cool:

Thank you. We have sailed Celebrity several times and always loved their ships and especially the food! Did you find the food in the main dining room up to their usual fine standards?

We are off just off the Silhoutte a week.. :-( and I have to say, this year the food in the MDR was excellent. 100% perfect

My picks would be Murano and Lawn Club Grill. We were on the Silhouette for 24 days doing b2b and loved the ship. Have fun!

I would second this. We have given Tuscan Grille a couple of chances and most likely won't be returning. Murano is elegant with outstanding food and service and the food in the Lawn Club Grill is really nicely prepared with portions the right size.

We were on Silhouette this month and with the 5-dinner package booked Murano and Tuscan twice each, and Lawn Grill once. All were excellent, IMHO. I prefer Murano; wife prefers Tuscan, so the 2:2:1 formula preserved harmony. Time is critical for Lawn Grill; much better in daylight or sunset than the pitch black!

Our favs are Murano and Lawn Grill for dinner.

Qsine had nice food but was too much to do for 2..and after a couple of courses we cancelled the rest ofthe meal--we were full.

Sushi on Five is great for lunch

With the changes in the specialty dining packages we are wondering if the specialty restaurants will be packed or over booked...

• 1 month later...

The problem with Lawn Club is that it is entirely outdoors, so if you have rain, wind, or it's cold, there is nothing to protect you.

We ate at Qsine in September; we normally don't pay for the upcharge restaurants because we find the food in the MDR and buffet so good that there is no need to, but my husband chatted up the executive chef, and he invited us to dinner at any specialty restaurant, on him, and we chose Qsine. The food was mostly very good, the service was outstanding, and it was a lot of fun, but I don't think I'd pay an extra $49 for any of the specialty restaurants.

I took my wife and daughter to Lawn Club Grill. It is a great family environment as I got the chance to make pizzas with my daughter. Lasting memories, good food and an excellent atmosphere while in the Caribbean.I also negotiated a discounted price by talking to the restaurant manager earlier in the day. My daughter really enjoyed Quisine and the food was good and the service even better!

• 3 weeks later...
DH and I are dining at Murano for our anniversary. I'm shocked to see so many votes for Lawn Club as I didn't seem to interested in it. I guess we will give it a try! On my last cruise on the Solstice we went to Tuscan Grill and the Asian place (can't remember name ?!?) and I didn't find either completely exceptional but I ordered a steak at Tuscan and remember thinking it was just ok. Maybe I should have tried some of the true Italian fare. Seriously considering buying a package so we can try murano, lawn club, and Qsine. Qsine seems really interesting and fun... can anyone expand on why you didn't love it? Thanks!

Qsine serves tapas sized portions in quirky presentations and you order from an Ipad. It's more fun if you go with a larger group so you can sample more dishes. To us, the quirkiness was the appeal, but once having done it, we find no need to repeat. If we spend the extra $ for a specialty restaurant, we prefer a more "fine dining" type of restaurant.

Recently did Lawn Club Grill on the Silhouette. Absolutely loved it. The experience was great, making your own flatbread or grilling your food. Even if you don't participate, the atmosphere is great. Also, the best steak I've ever had on a cruise, hands down. LCG is definitely worth it.

Murano is definitely our choice especially on Silhouette. The current Maitre’d, Mako from Serbia and his assistant Maya make a wonderful team that will go the extra mile to surpass your expectations. If you enjoy meat be sure to choose the Cervena Venison, it is exceptional. On the other hand Dover Sole or the Lobster flambé in the creamy sauce is another great choice. Finish off with a selection of wonderful French cheeses and of course an Irish - memories, memories................