Photo Packages .... question

YvonneM1967

I'll be cruising my first time on Solstice Hawaii to. Sydney in October this year and wondered about photo packages.... does Celebrity do photo packages? Can you pre-purchase a package? What's included in the package? Is it better to pre/purchase or just buy pictures if we like them? I've only ever bought photos on a Princess cruise I did a few years ago and on an individual basis - I don't know if they did packages or not. I'd like to get some nice professional pictures of hubby and I on our cruise as we will be having a triple celebration - my 50th, hubby's 55th and our 30th anniversary.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, Celebrity sell packages. It is better to order in advance and as quickly as possible (once they are available for your cruise) because the price rises as they sell packages. They offer a variety up to all prints plus a digital copy with copyright assignment.

Go to mycruisephotos.com to see if your cruise is available yet.

We bought the pkg, $224, came home with 300+ sheets of pictures and all of them on a CD. Any time there was a photographer we jumped in, they had fun with it, ended up doing a lot more for us than the smile, turn, hand here, next!

Had pictures made with many from the Roll Call group that we handed out copies of the last evening.

With this being a special cruise for ya'll, At $20-25 a sheet, easy math!:confused::D

• 1 month later...

Just popping back in to ask another question about photo packages .... I have been checking the link provided above but my cruise doesn't show on it yet - we have just under 4 months until our cruise - how far before a cruise do they usually put the cruise up for prepurchase does anyone know?

Just popping back in to ask another question about photo packages .... I have been checking the link provided above but my cruise doesn't show on it yet - we have just under 4 months until our cruise - how far before a cruise do they usually put the cruise up for prepurchase does anyone know?

I can't tell you about the pre-purchase but I can tell you about our experience on a 10 day cruise from Sydney this April. No pages of photos any more - we also used to bring home kilograms of extra weight in photos, but everything is on a USB only. You can also download your photos daily using a code once you purchase the package using free wifi. Package was $200USD if you purchased in the first few days then went to $250. We were the first people to purchase as we always knew we were going to do this. It is one of the little things we and our children enjoy and we make friends with the photographers too. They also enjoy people who are willing to do things out of the standard poses. Oldest son surprised them one night by having a spiderman shirt under his dress shirt, and hubby had a viking hat for some photos, which cracked them up as he has an enormous beard.

The release for sale varies considerably but you can judge a little by looking at which cruises for your ship are available. You can (or at least you could in the past) request a notification when your cruise is available.

Thanks for the info - I have requested the notification for when it becomes available but thought it would be available by now --- I'll just keep checking as I'd really like to purchase a photo package. I'm happy for the pictures to be on a USB - less bulky and then I can print whatever sizes I want back home.

I can't tell you about the pre-purchase but I can tell you about our experience on a 10 day cruise from Sydney this April. No pages of photos any more - we also used to bring home kilograms of extra weight in photos, but everything is on a USB only. You can also download your photos daily using a code once you purchase the package using free wifi. Package was $200USD if you purchased in the first few days then went to $250. We were the first people to purchase as we always knew we were going to do this. It is one of the little things we and our children enjoy and we make friends with the photographers too. They also enjoy people who are willing to do things out of the standard poses. Oldest son surprised them one night by having a spiderman shirt under his dress shirt, and hubby had a viking hat for some photos, which cracked them up as he has an enormous beard.

This will be our first cruise onboard Celebrity next month. Does the option exist to purchase prints of some photos once onboard, or is everything digital now? I love the idea of having a digital memento of our cruise, but I also wanted the option to bring home a physical print should we find one that we really liked. If not, I guess I can always print them once I get back home.

This will be our first cruise onboard Celebrity next month. Does the option exist to purchase prints of some photos once onboard, or is everything digital now? I love the idea of having a digital memento of our cruise, but I also wanted the option to bring home a physical print should we find one that we really liked. If not, I guess I can always print them once I get back home.

The photographers were very busy on the final day both creating the USB's and the individual prints that people had ordered so both are still available, but they don't do the prints unless they are requested and they are available for collection on the final evening of the cruise.

The photographers were very busy on the final day both creating the USB's and the individual prints that people had ordered so both are still available, but they don't do the prints unless they are requested and they are available for collection on the final evening of the cruise.

Thanks for the info! From the earlier posts, it appears that it's best to preorder the package, so we'll go ahead and do that in preparation for the cruise.

Do they take pictures when you get off at each port then print them with a special border with the port name & date? Those are my favorite.

I love those too, especially because I do photobooks and I use those ones to start each port sections. The only port day that it didn't happen for us was at an industrial port and the photographers weren't allowed on the dock, so they told us the previous evening that they would be doing the photographs with the dress-up characters at breakfast in the cafe instead.

Do they take pictures when you get off at each port then print them with a special border with the port name & date? Those are my favorite.

On our Caribbean cruise they have lots of those. Not just for each port, but for specialty restaurants, chic nights as well. We got the 8 or 10 pictures package and half of them have borders.

The unlimited pictures package is really worth it if you like to collect pictures. Also, your friends will want you to be in the picture with them because if you are in it, you can get the picture (both print and digital) for free. You go visit the picture gallery every day to collect all the pictures with you in it and they will put them all inside a folder under your cabin number. At the end of the cruise, you get all of them and the digital copies. My aunt and uncle got that package and at the end they took home a stack of pictures like an inch thick.

But you need to be careful on big group pictures. If the number of people in the picture exceed a certain number (15? 20?) you don't get the digital copy.

It may be different from ship to ship, but you have go to the Gallery to find your pictures every few nights. Don't depends on the facial recognition which does not seem to work very well. It found pictures of me but not my wife even though we are in the same pictures. We missed a few pictures even though we knew we took them.. but came to the Gallery too late and they were gone from the display shelves.

Edited by lostchild

• 3 weeks later...

Just checking into this thread again ... how far out from a cruise departure do they put up the prepurchase option for photo packages - anyone know? We are 14 weeks out from our cruise and still it is not available.

Just checking into this thread again ... how far out from a cruise departure do they put up the prepurchase option for photo packages - anyone know? We are 14 weeks out from our cruise and still it is not available.

I have looked for but can not find my purchase confirmation on our last pkg. But I seem to remember :confused: that it was around 8 weeks before that I could get access to buy it.

EW

We just did this. Preordered about five or six weeks before the cruise. I don't think it was available at all prior to two months. I found I needed to go to the My Cruise Photos website which is the photography company for Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. They have a drop down menu that shows what sailing dates are available for purchase. I did the prints and digital copies. It was $200. We ended up with 200 photos, so quite a good deal. I had a pile of actual photos and then they sent me a link to download the digital ones. I did have to register my email address with the photography staff once on board. I also took a copy of my receipt.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We bought the unlimited for a 10 a day Princess cruise for 99.00.

I asked my husband about buying on celebrity he said although it was fun taking pics he said we would need to stand on a corner to get rid of them all. Our kids are not interested.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

I booked our package April 3rd, and we set sail June 29. There is an option to leave your email with Image Group and receive an email when the cruise is available. For Silhouette I can see cruises up to early november.

I booked our package April 3rd, and we set sail June 29. There is an option to leave your email with Image Group and receive an email when the cruise is available. For Silhouette I can see cruises up to early november.

I've been watching the website for several months now and none of the dates have changed - I've registered with my email address so hopefully I'll get an email when it's available.

I purchased a photo package in mid-November 2016 for our mid-April 2017 cruise on the Silhouette. That was about 5 months from the sail date. Celebrity had a 40% off sale so I paid $140 for the hard copies and digitals.

• 2 weeks later...

On the website it gives the option for the digital copies, but there is no option or mention for actual hard photos. Is there some sort of option for actual physical copies? Is that included with the package?

We bought the pkg, $224, came home with 300+ sheets of pictures and all of them on a CD. Any time there was a photographer we jumped in, they had fun with it, ended up doing a lot more for us than the smile, turn, hand here, next!

Had pictures made with many from the Roll Call group that we handed out copies of the last evening.

With this being a special cruise for ya'll, At $20-25 a sheet, easy math!:confused::D

We did the same and did not regret it. We celebrated our honeymoon on the Equinox in April and bought the package. We were very happy with the decision. Where else are you ever going to get that many good quality photos for so little money? You couldn't print them out yourself for that.