Parking Southhampton

catybr

Hi We only booked are cruise a week ago, we went to book parking4cruises for our parking but they are not taking any more bookings for the dates we need.We looked at cruiseparking but they want £157. I can get a discount through holiday extras and APH through my work benefits the one for holiday extras is by shuttle and the APH is through stress free parking. What are your thoughts on these and has any one used them, or can anyone recommend port parking?

Many thanks

I tend to use CPS valet style parking which is a fairly expensive but a very convenient system. My other system is to book in at the Holiday Inn Herbert Walker Avenue Southampton and book their parking deal where you park at the hotel and have "free" taxis both ways. Both these options are stress free but I do not know your budget.

Regards John

Hi

I used cruiseparksouthampton in January this year. http://cruiseparksouthampton.co.uk They offered undercover parking (no seagull messages on your car!), an included taxi ride to and from the terminal, a really friendly and helpful service before booking and on arrival. Plus I wanted to keep my keys which was not a problem provided you tell them when booking. Best of all they were only a couple of pound more expensive than the cheapest off site open air car parking company. Read the testimonials on their site.

We will be using them when we next cruise from Southampton

I would look at staying in Southampton at a hotel with parking and transfers. It can sometimes work out cheaper than parking alone.

http://www.destinationsouthampton.com/cruise/hotel-list/

Don't trust leaving my car in a hotel car park open to the public with no or very little security for the duration of my cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

We had always used the dock side valet parking until last year when we left it to late and they were fully booked, we used alternative cruise parking and found them to be superb, very high security with regular shuttles to and from the port which is approx 10/15 mins away and just over half the price of the valet parking, we have just booked again for 12 nights in July.

Don't trust leaving my car in a hotel car park open to the public with no or very little security for the duration of my cruise.

Same here. We once stayed at hotel for one night near Gatwick before a next day flight and there were cars parked up with a card on the dash saying when it would be picked up.

Nice advert for anyone who fancies taking a car.

Recommend booking a cruise package at a hotel which includes parking. A night in a hotel before your cruise is a lovely relaxing start to your holiday.

This year we've booked ours through Holiday Extras:cool: