Flavors of St Thomas - have you done this foodie tour?

zoof26

Hello!

We will be in St Thomas in October and was thinking of doing the Flavors of St Thomas tour. We've been to St Thomas/St John's many times as was looking for something different to do! We aren't into shopping, have been to the beaches, snorkeled, etc. I'd love to go to Blackbeard's Castle and see the museum, but it appears that it's only open on Tuesday and Wednesday. We'll be there on a Thursday.

Anyway, if any of you have insight to this tour, please share. TIA, Sharon :)

http://flavorsofstthomas.com/

We are also planning on booking this for our cruise next summer! We loved our food tour in Cartagena, so hoping this one will be great too. Hope to read some feedback from others who have already gone :)

I haven't done this tour in St. Thomas, but did their tour in San Juan twice and really loved it. Looking forward to reviews on this ... I do believe this is a fairly new location for them. Jan (they have tours in St. Martin's now also)

My husband and I just returned from our cruising experience on the Norwegian Epic and we had a fantastic experience with St. Thomas Food Tours. The tour guide, Girard was exceptionally informative and there was plenty of food. So much so that I couldn't finish my sample at the last location (it was all very good). I would look into their tour since it costs a little less than Flavors but the experience was worth it.

G-

http://www.stthomasfoodtours.com

I took the Flavors tour in San Juan. I looked at it a long time before I booked.

I'm not a coffee drinker and the weekday San Juan tours started with a coffee cafe that I had already been to so I reserved on a Saturday when the tour went to a tea house that I didn't know about. I loved learning about the restaurants they took us to, but some of the dishes I didn't want to try (ice cream and chorizo). The food on the tour that I did try was very good, though. Since I go to San Juan often I liked learning about some new places.

When I went to Charlotte, NC I considered doing a food tour. After paying close attention to the food on the tours I was able to figure out some of the restaurants and went on my own and ordered what I wanted instead of what the tour chose to serve me.

Imo, you need to pay attention to the menu on any food tour. When I looked at some Charlotte food tours there were a few pizza stops on some of the tours. I prefer to try local food that I probably can't get at home.

After taking the San Juan tour I now better appreciate the work that goes into making mofongo and won't even think about making it myself. I look forward to eating it every time I go to PR.

My husband and I just returned from our cruising experience on the Norwegian Epic and we had a fantastic experience with St. Thomas Food Tours. The tour guide, Girard was exceptionally informative and there was plenty of food. So much so that I couldn't finish my sample at the last location (it was all very good). I would look into their tour since it costs a little less than Flavors but the experience was worth it.

G-

www.stthomasfoodtours.com

Thank you for the info!

I haven't done this tour in St. Thomas, but did their tour in San Juan twice and really loved it. Looking forward to reviews on this ... I do believe this is a fairly new location for them. Jan (they have tours in St. Martin's now also)

Thanks, Jan

Glad you liked the San Juan tour. Bodes well for St Thomas!

I took the Flavors tour in San Juan. I looked at it a long time before I booked.

After taking the San Juan tour I now better appreciate the work that goes into making mofongo and won't even think about making it myself. �� I look forward to eating it every time I go to PR.

DH & I had dinner one night at Mojitos in OSJ and I ordered monfongo and it was not very good. (The mojitos were amazing though). The next day we took a tour with Flavors and we got to make our own mofongo and it was wonderful ... unfortunately I cannot remember the name of the restaurant, but it was near El Convento Hotel.

I just went to book this tour for June of 2018. I was a little surprised that not only are the tickets non-refundable, but they want payment in full. Most tours I've booked before only require a deposit and are typically refundable up to a few days before the tour. Not sure what to think of this.

Jan, the name of the restaurant is Rosa's. Yes, that mofongo was delicious! I too had had it at other places and it wasn't very good. I crave the one from Rosa's to this day!

I think Rosa's has another location that's closer to the ships and has a flamenco show at night. Their mofongo wasn't very good so eater beware!

Jan, the name of the restaurant is Rosa's. Yes, that mofongo was delicious! I too had had it at other places and it wasn't very good. I crave the one from Rosa's to this day!

I think Rosa's has another location that's closer to the ships and has a flamenco show at night. Their mofongo wasn't very good so eater beware!

Thanks for letting me know the restaurant's name ... I won't forget the name again ... next time we are in OSJ we will make sure we have dinner there. Love staying at El Convento, so it will be close by. Jan