220 outlet

chris4189

The outlet in the bathroom is 110v and not recommended for anything other than a shaver.

The outlets at the vanity include a 110v and 220v. A few cabins on some ships have two, and Ocean Suite cabins have two. I carry a step down converter and use it for a multi-USB charger that hooks to the iPad, iPhone, camera and whatever else we need.

There is also an outlet behind the bed that the table lights are plugged into. I think it's a 220 and it is a European type outlet. Has anyone ever attempted to use this with a step down convertrr

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I found a couple of stepdown converters on amazon for 15 bucks that look like they would work to make more outlets but i wonder if they would allow them on the ship or if they would be confiscated. I have heard some powerstrips get confiscated

I've never used a 220 adapter but I have a suggestion. It might be cheaper to get a $10 power strip. Just make sure it's not a surge protector. Not that it pertains to your question but in the Fantasy suites the lamps have USB ports. It was a nice surprise

I found a couple of stepdown converters on amazon for 15 bucks that look like they would work to make more outlets but i wonder if they would allow them on the ship or if they would be confiscated. I have heard some powerstrips get confiscated

Surge protection is the big worry with powerstrips, I don't believe most step down transformers are surge protected, so they should be fine. If you're wanting to charge electronics, most these days say "input voltage 100-240vac", which means you can plug them right into the 220v outlet (with the proper plug adapter, not a transformer) and everything is fine. Even a lot of hair care appliances, and laptops will work this way, if they have a "power brick" on the cord, and say they will take up to 240v.

If they have surge protectors , they'll likely be confiscated. Surge protected devices are a not allowed because they can cause a fire.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I will carry two travel adapters with me. I'm hoping that they'll be as useful as I hope they're going to be.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Some of the older ships use a British style outlets. Most have the Euro type pin outlets.

The Euro pin outlets are wide. A few of our adapters are the narrower types, bought in the US. Haven't had any issues with the ones bought in Italy.