Just off NCL Sky Cuba, FANTASTIC!

mjcatlvr

Thank you for your review!

We sail on July 17 and very much looking forward. Also planned to bring CDN to exchange. May I ask, in addition to the $150/tips for your guide, what would you say is a reasonable amount of CUC to have on hand given the prices for food, drinks, etc in town?

Good question. So, we felt that food and especially drinks were inexpensive in town. $2 CUC for beer, $6 CUC for Daiquiri's (La Floridita, so tourist trap). Lunch for the three of us was about $50 CUC and it was a dinner sized meal. We had $150 CUC set aside for the two days for the three of us and had CUC left over. I went with the intention of purchasing some artwork. I bought some "tourist/street art" and I also purchased more of an upscale small piece. I am very happy with what I purchased but wished that I had splurged on a couple of other pieces. This is that grey area ;). Very few souvenir shops. My son splurged on a $24 CUC huge coffee mug for himself. T shirts were about $15 CUC but I couldn't find one that my oldest son would wear. Very limited offerings. If you are purchasing cigars, they are super expensive, I spoke to a gal that had paid $40 CUC for just three! If you do exchange for too much CUC, you can change them back to Canadian as you leave.

Sky comes straight in, so you have a nice close view of the fort on the port side as you pull into the harbour early in the morning. But the better all around view is the starboard side.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for a great review. We are going on this cruise next April but joining it with the weekend one to the Bahamas to make it a seven day cruise. Are you a NCL latitudes member? Were you given any benefits on this four day cruise? Does anyone know if you do a back to back cruises making it 7 days, do you get all your benefits?

• 2 weeks later...

HI all!

mjcatlvr ~ what a lovely review. It almost brought a tear to my eye. So happy to see some Americans can enjoy the beauty of Cuba & its people. Love your pictures & that info about the dogs, I never knew that & I've been to Cuba 8 times!

You were so lucky to get to GSC, my Bahamas Sky cruise, which I really enjoyed, wasn't able to.:( I have now missed 3 private islands, 2 on one BTB cruise.

~ Jo ~ :)