Great time on the Escape, except for...

Chirpbird

one bad decision. I sailed on the Escape with my sister for the May 20th date. Most knew us from our "Sorry!!! I'm drunk!!" purses we carried. We did enjoy the UBP, Spice20 (especially Jay and the Grotto), and all of the crew and cruisers we met. I also highly recommend the Ultimate Dining package. Additionally, we enjoyed the pacing of the itinerary - two sea days followers by two ports, then another sea day and another port.

So, what was the one bad thing? The freaking room I chose. We stayed in two studios. Very cool, and more room than I expected. Bring a foldable basket small enough to fit in a 6x12 cubby. Otherwise, you'll have to put your knickers on a shelf. And, they'll continue to fall out while simultaneously hiding the one pair you're looking for at the bottom of the pile.

We had connecting studios, and mine was 12571. It is almost directly under a crew service area. Every day, around 6am and 10pm, it sounded as if they were trying to kill a T-Rex with cutlery, plates, and metal trolleys. They would put some of the trolleys away (or so I guessed), and my "headboard wall" would shake. My sister heard it when she was in my room, but did not hear it in hers. (Her cabin was 12567.)

Even with my sleep depriving room, NCL is ranked higher by us than Carnival (not a fair fight, really), MSC (too European for us), Celebrity (too old for us), and Royal (a very close 2nd). I also highly recommend the Studios...just not the one I was in.

Edited by Chirpbird
Your vs you're, and a Swype keyboard

Whatever it's called...Ultimate Dining Package, Specialty Dining Package, or the Magical Mystery Tour of Specialty Restaurants, I highly recommend it. We bought the 4 meal deal, and it was awesome!

Whatever it's called...Ultimate Dining Package, Specialty Dining Package, or the Magical Mystery Tour of Specialty Restaurants, I highly recommend it. We bought the 4 meal deal, and it was awesome!

There used to be an Ultimate Dining Package (unlimited number of uses for the entire cruise...could even be used multiple times per day).

The current Specialty Dining Package has a number attached to it.

People reading the review might think that the UDP still exists (it doesn't unless you booked long ago when it did exist).

So, what was the one bad thing? The freaking room I chose. We stayed in two studios. Very cool, and more room than I expected. Bring a foldable basket small enough to fit in a 6x12 cubby. Otherwise, you'll have to put your knickers on a shelf. And, they'll continue to fall out while simultaneously hiding the one pair you're looking for at the bottom of the pile.

Glad you had a good cruise, sorry you chose a not so good cabin. Did you look at the cost of an interior? I wonder if that would have been better, only you'd know that though. For the small storage space, you might want to try "packing cubes", they have some great deals at Amazon; however, I just use large plastic ziplock bags for things like "knickers", bathing suits, socks... anything small. The nice thing about these bags is, you can stuff your wet bathing suit in them for travelling home.

HTH,

Cheers,

Connie

Hello, thank you for posting- I am in 12573 for 2x net year and am wondering if I can expect the same as deck 13 seems to be hollowed out on the deck plan for service/crew etc.. areas. I read a few reviews on 12573 that said it was okay but did other people in your area notice the same thing?

Hello, thank you for posting- I am in 12573 for 2x net year and am wondering if I can expect the same as deck 13 seems to be hollowed out on the deck plan for service/crew etc.. areas. I read a few reviews on 12573 that said it was okay but did other people in your area notice the same thing?
One night, when it was particularly hard and lengthy to slay that T-Rex, I actually went up to 13 to look. I think (think) your room may be okay. When I was on 13, I saw the crew entrance doors, and they literally seemed to lead to an area directly over my cabin. I also think since my sister didn't have the noise problem (in 12167), then you'll likely be okay.

Glad you had a good cruise, sorry you chose a not so good cabin....

HTH,

Cheers,

Connie

Your ideas are certainly good ones. I thought about an interior room, but then my sister and I would be in the same cabin. She snores. She says I do, too. But, I don't wake me up. :D

I do like the packing cube idea, too!

Thanks,

Sam

People reading the review might think that the UDP still exists (it doesn't unless you booked long ago when it did exist).

Ahhh, gotcha! I was wondering about your reply a bit, and your response makes a lot of sense! We had the 4 dining experience option. It wasn't a freebie; I bought it for us. I think the 4 meal plan was ~$99 each. Just our first dining experience at Cagney's would have cost us ~$65 each.

Thx,

Sam

Ahhh, gotcha! I was wondering about your reply a bit, and your response makes a lot of sense! We had the 4 dining experience option. It wasn't a freebie; I bought it for us. I think the 4 meal plan was ~$99 each. Just our first dining experience at Cagney's would have cost us ~$65 each.

Thx,

Sam

Thanks for your reply on the room question I had- I took the beverage package as my promo and will likely get the 4 meal SDP as an add on as I expect ~$100 in OBC.

The one problem I had in my Epic studio one time was the hangers moving- so I took them out. I do sleep with earplugs in but don't know if that would have helped the noise above.

I wonder if you could have gone to guest services to see about relocating? I am not sure how full the sailing was though.

Thanks for your reply on the room question I had- I took the beverage package as my promo and will likely get the 4 meal SDP as an add on as I expect ~$100 in OBC.

The one problem I had in my Epic studio one time was the hangers moving- so I took them out. I do sleep with earplugs in but don't know if that would have helped the noise above.

I wonder if you could have gone to guest services to see about relocating? I am not sure how full the sailing was though.

I thought about going to Guest Services, but figured there was nothing they could do. It's not like the crew could stop working, or (like you said) there would actually be an empty room.

Sam

Bring a foldable basket small enough to fit in a 6x12 cubby. Otherwise, you'll have to put your knickers on a shelf. And, they'll continue to fall out while simultaneously hiding the one pair you're looking for at the bottom of the pile.

Did you happen to look under the bed? I haen't sailed the Escape, but on the Epic, there were baskets under the bed--a good place for your "knickers." :)

Bummer about the room noise. We experienced being under the galley and that was a rude awakening at 3:30 every single morning. Still a great cruise, but never again!

I was in 12567 in march and can confirm there was no noise at all. I liked the cabin so much I re-booked it for march 2018 :) LOL!

I considered 12571 but it being so close to the corridor door kind of concerned me. Sorry about the noise above (I've had that problem on the RCCL Jewel OTS, galley noises until 1am... ugh!).

Was the solo lounge social coordinator Sharon still onboard? She did a real good job during our sailing.

Pat