Just for fun, what is the single worst thing you have seen a cruiser doing? :p

Another "crazy cruiser" story, thought it isn't as bad as some.

We had a lady come into the elevator carrying several plates of food (assumedly she was having a party in her room). No big deal..... the strange part was that this amply endowed lady had decided to use her breasts as a cup holder with cookies stacked on top of her boobs. Maybe she was a fan of milk and cookies?

(that last was bad, I know, but I smiled)

I can't imagine where she stuck the bread sticks!!

DON

Did not know staircases were one way?

Well, there is some logic to this use of stairways. Don't know if it is still true, but when I was in the Navy the rule was "starboard side, up and forward; port side, down and back".

Ditto, for the Hot pepper bottle. :( Some moron had pried the little plastic spout thing (that has the hole in it) out of the neck, went to get a splash out on my fries ( I know, I know, it sounds GROSS) ......

Nope, sounds delish.

Try Bermuda Sherry Pepper sauce on Fries or Baked Potato...yum

Well, there is some logic to this use of stairways. Don't know if it is still true, but when I was in the Navy the rule was "starboard side, up and forward; port side, down and back".

Oh wow, I am directionally impaired on ships. Maybe I could get it right if there were feet on the floor showing the direction.

Still is. Of course on many of today's cruise ships you will have hundreds who cannot identify "forward", and possibly thousands who cannot separate port from starboard --- not to mention those who seem to believe that rules do not apply to them while on vacation.

Still is. Of course on many of today's cruise ships you will have hundreds who cannot identify "forward", and possibly thousands who cannot separate port from starboard --- not to mention those who seem to believe that rules do not apply to them while on vacation.

There are also a few on any ship that can not differentiate "up" from "down". Those are the ones who don't know that they are on a ship or have no idea what the name of their ship is. We have all met them.

DON

There are also a few on any ship that can not differentiate "up" from "down". Those are the ones who don't know that they are on a ship or have no idea what the name of their ship is. We have all met them.

DON

The same ones who think the crew go home after work.

Or like the lady we met in Alaska. When the Captain announced that there were sea lions on an ice floe "at 9:00" she looked at her watch and said he was a bit late since it was about noon.

I was nice and explained about the bow being 12:00, stern 6:00, etc. We were on the port side of the ship and I figured she would like to see the sea lions.

I think the problem on steps is that Americans drive on the right and most Europeans on the left. So going up or down on steps we run in to each other.

Sent from my B3-A30 using Forums mobile app

I hate to be picky, but "most" Europeans? Regardless of where I drive, I prefer to walk up or down on the right hand side of the staircase in order to use my right hand on the railing. But maybe that's because I'm right handed, as is roughly 90% of the population. ☺

I hate to be picky, but "most" Europeans? Regardless of where I drive, I prefer to walk up or down on the right hand side of the staircase in order to use my right hand on the railing. But maybe that's because I'm right handed, as is roughly 90% of the population. ☺

We drive on the left in England but most European's drive on the right like the US.

I think the problem on steps is that Americans drive on the right and most Europeans on the left. So going up or down on steps we run in to each other.

Sent from my B3-A30 using Forums mobile app

In my book, the term "most" means at least 50%. Please inform us which countries in Europe comprise the "most" that drive on the left as opposed to the less than 50% of the countries that drive on the right.

DON

In my book, the term "most" means at least 50%. Please inform us which countries in Europe comprise the "most" that drive on the left as opposed to the less than 50% of the countries that drive on the right.

DON

England.

Ditto, for the Hot pepper bottle. :( Some moron had pried the little plastic spout thing (that has the hole in it) out of the neck, went to get a splash out on my fries ( I know, I know, it sounds GROSS) ......

Nope, sounds delish.

Try Bermuda Sherry Pepper sauce on Fries or Baked Potato...yum

:'):'):'):'):')

The only "Europeans" who drive on the left are us British. Everyone else drives on the right

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think there are a few Irish who do not want to be called British just because they also drive on the left.

Interesting fact is that some US drivers drive on the left - in the Virgin Islands - because that is how the Danish did it in 1915 when we purchased the Virgin Islands - when there were probably just a couple of hundred motor vehicles in the territory. Denmark and Sweden switched from left to right overnight in the 1950's, but we never got around to switching in the USVI - a sort of silly anomaly.

I think there are a few Irish who do not want to be called British just because they also drive on the left.

I included them separately on purpose lol.

Apparently, we drive on the left because in the "good old days" when horseback was the only way to get around, it was to keep your 'sword arm' free in case of ambush from someone coming towards you!

I can't vouch for how accurate that is but I'm not sure things have improved much lol

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Was on the Ruby Princess a few months ago, playing no host Mah Jongg. The ship even had brand new sets. Our table was the last table playing in the room, the other two tables just left their tiles on the table. It's not that hard to put them into the case right way.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Interesting fact is that some US drivers drive on the left - in the Virgin Islands - because that is how the Danish did it in 1915 when we purchased the Virgin Islands - when there were probably just a couple of hundred motor vehicles in the territory. Denmark and Sweden switched from left to right overnight in the 1950's, but we never got around to switching in the USVI - a sort of silly anomaly.

USVI are even odder, they drive left handed vehicles on the left side of the road.

Here's a photo of when Sweden switched from driving in the left side to right side.

https://www.wired.com/2014/02/throwback-thursday-sweden/

Sent from my iPhone using Forums