Help me decide...Carnival Vista or MSC Seaside?

kvickers

Trying to decide between 6 nights on the Vista with stops at Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios and Cozumel or 7 nights on the Seaside stopping in St. Martin, San Juan and Nassau.

We are family with 2 active boys, ages 11 and 8. It will be a holiday sailing, so I want to make sure I pick the best one for us:)

The Vista is coming up more expensive (approximately $1500 more) since kids are free on MSC. I am wondering if the Vista is worth the extra $$?

We haven't sailed either of these lines yet so would love to hear feedback from those who have.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you are looking to leave home on vacation, but still be at home without any new experiences, then Carnival is for you.

If you would like to meet people from around the world, enjoy food from different nationalities, enjoy entertainment geared for the multicultural, multilingual passengers, then MSC is for you.

I sailed the Vista in April and have been booked for the Seaside since 2016. The Vista is a fine ship but way way way more expensive than the Seaside. Nobody can give you a real review yet on the Seaside. I'd go Seaside and upgrade with the extra savings. We sail on it April 7th 2018

I'm always for saving money and prefer the Seaside's ports. Plus. 7 nights is better than 6 nights. Nevertheless, if you plan to use the kids' camp, I would recommend you looking in to the experience of other parents sailing with kids on MSC during a holiday time period. A few years ago, we sailed on MSC during Spring Break. The kids' camp never followed their schedule and ended up just being a glorified day care...their excuse was the number of kids. My 11 year old (at the time) refused to continue going. And, her 2 younger siblings were crying on the last day feeling "cheated" by the kids' camp staff who kept promising stuff and never followed through. Maybe it was a fluke, but we have never had a problem on any other cruise line with the kids' camp at busy times of year.

Trying to decide between 6 nights on the Vista with stops at Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios and Cozumel or 7 nights on the Seaside stopping in St. Martin, San Juan and Nassau.

We are family with 2 active boys, ages 11 and 8. It will be a holiday sailing, so I want to make sure I pick the best one for us:)

The Vista is coming up more expensive (approximately $1500 more) since kids are free on MSC. I am wondering if the Vista is worth the extra $$?

We haven't sailed either of these lines yet so would love to hear feedback from those who have.

Thanks in advance!

Nothing Carnival has will come close to MSC and you are saving $1500. Run don't walk !!!!!

For that kind of savings, I'd definitely choose the Seaside. We were originally booked on a spring Seaside cruise but I really want to visit their private island, so we moved it to November. The price was unbeatable. While I've never been on the Vista, and the Seaside hasn't even set sail yet, all my research leads me to believe I would prefer the Seaside over the Vista. Since the Seaside is being built specifically for Miami, I have a feeling it will be the most "Americanized" ship MSC has sailing.

We selected MSC for our last cruise exactly because of the kids sail free promo. It was considerably cheaper than a similar Carnival cruise sailing on the same day.

I don't regret it for one minute. It was great to try a new cruise line while saving money. The kids loved it and got off the ship begging to sail on MSC again. Personally, I would place the MSC experience one notch above Carnival but a notch below Royal.

Do understand that it's a different atmosphere than Carnival. As others have mentioned, MSC ships sailing from Miami attempt to cater to both Europeans and Americans so things will be different than what you may be used to. If you enjoy trying new things and embrace change, MSC will be for you. If you prefer to stay in your comfort zone and don't like vacations unless they are specifically geared towards Americans, then don't bother no matter how substantial the savings are. Even though we thoroughly enjoyed our MSC cruise, we met a few Americans that were not enjoying their cruise and said that it would be their last time sailing on them.

I would pick the Seaside. I think the Seaside is worth a try over the Vista based on what I like out of cruise ships, but that's just my opi nion. The Seaside will also have people from all over the world, specifically Europe, on it, so if you're like me, someone with a European soul trapped in an American body, you will likely enjoy it. If you want to meet someone from France and discuss international soccer or hockey, instead of meeting someone from the next state over and discussing NFL football, it may also be your thing. In terms of ports, I may be partial because St.Maarten is my favorite island, with Puerto Rico and Barbados at close seconds, but I would pick St.Maarten and Puerto Rico over Grand Cayman and Cozumel any day.

Nothing Carnival has will come close to MSC and you are saving $1500. Run don't walk !!!!!

Where was can you get announcements in 5 languages that go on for hours..

Sent from my iPhone

We are trying the Seaside next year also. I really wanted to sail on the Vista, but I got a great price on the Seaside with drinks included, OBC, and several other freebies-can't beat that! Also, MSC will match your Carnival Status, which is a great perk!

I must say that they first time I heard the announcements in so many languages I thought it was so neat, but by day 3 the novelty of it all had worn off. Still, it was pretty impressive to hear the Captain welcome all passengers in so many different languages consecutively.

I must say that they first time I heard the announcements in so many languages I thought it was so neat, but by day 3 the novelty of it all had worn off. Still, it was pretty impressive to hear the Captain welcome all passengers in so many different languages consecutively.

Was not a big deal, but it got annoying by end of cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sent from my iPhone

From what I understand, this will not be the case with the Seaside, and the other new ship they are building, as these will be catered towards the US market. They will be "Americanized", if you will.

Sent from my iPhone

I just attended a webinar about MSC and we were told that the announcements that were made in 5 languages were only done twice a day. Maybe someone who has sailed MSC recently can verify that for us. If that's the case, I'm pretty sure I could manage 2 announcements a day.

I just attended a webinar about MSC and we were told that the announcements that were made in 5 languages were only done twice a day. Maybe someone who has sailed MSC recently can verify that for us. If that's the case, I'm pretty sure I could manage 2 announcements a day.

It has been a while since we sailed on the Orchestra. It sure is possible it is changed. It was most definitely more than two times back then, and it was my impression that there was a ton more non U S citizens on that ship than we had ever seen on another Caribbean cruise.

Sent from my iPhone

On the Divina (and probably on the Seaside), there might be one or two announcements a day made in five languages and those are fairly short.

What is amazing is listening to the person doing the announcements seamlessly flow one language to another.

Even on the Carnival board, the overwhelming pick is for MSC.

Is that really a measure of anything though? I'm starting to think the majority of this place would recommend the SS Minnow over a Carnival ship for a cruise. I always have to double check what forum Im actually on as this forum has a lot of Carnival haters and disgruntled Carnival cruisers in general on it it seems. Most of them keep booking Carnival cruises though. LOL

Insanity.