DOS on Pearl -which one or does it matter ?

Luckybee

A number of years ago we had booked this cabin but ended up doing another land based trip. We've now booked for next year on the western Caribbean route in the dos 15500 but 15000 is also available. I wasn't sure it really made a difference ie port vs starboard given the placement of the suite but what do you all think ?

A number of years ago we had booked this cabin but ended up doing another land based trip. We've now booked for next year on the western Caribbean route in the dos 15500 but 15000 is also available. I wasn't sure it really made a difference ie port vs starboard given the placement of the suite but what do you all think ?

What is DOS?

Haven't been in the Deluxe Owner's Suite. Wouldn't think it would matter which one. We always book the Owner's Suite because DOS is only accessible by stairs and has only one bathroom. This might not matter to you.

Haven't been in the Deluxe Owner's Suite. Wouldn't think it would matter which one. We always book the Owner's Suite because DOS is only accessible by stairs and has only one bathroom. This might not matter to you.

Nope...Itinerary and ship are what are important to me and the Pearl is one of the best ships in the cruise industry, so an Inside Cabin on Deck 2 would be my preference. When I come back from port hot and tired and there is a big stinky, sweaty crowd standing in front of the elevators I just pass them by, go up one flight of stairs and I'm at my cabin. Meanwhile, the big, stinky, sweaty crowd is crammed into the elevator stopping at every single deck all the way to Deck 15.

Already seen the videos and we've booked this unit because of the private hot tub and deck which is what we want.

What Im more interested in hearing though is whether in terms of the itinerary, the visuals would be better from one "side" (so to speak) or the other. I thought not, but wanted to hear from others.

Thanks all !

Already seen the videos and we've booked this unit because of the private hot tub and deck which is what we want.

What Im more interested in hearing though is whether in terms of the itinerary, the visuals would be better from one "side" (so to speak) or the other. I thought not, but wanted to hear from others.

Thanks all !

From a visual perspective, IMO there's nothing on the Western C. itinerary that rates a particular side cabin (as there would be, for instance, on the Pride of America). In addition, you cannot really predict which way the ships will dock at some ports, or even if you will dock or tender.

Nope...Itinerary and ship are what are important to me and the Pearl is one of the best ships in the cruise industry, so an Inside Cabin on Deck 2 would be my preference. When I come back from port hot and tired and there is a big stinky, sweaty crowd standing in front of the elevators I just pass them by, go up one flight of stairs and I'm at my cabin. Meanwhile, the big, stinky, sweaty crowd is crammed into the elevator stopping at every single deck all the way to Deck 15.

In that suite if you bring your cabin phone with you, you can call the Concierge and have him meet you as you board and take a service elevator to the 14th floor. No Stink no Smell:D

The only way you are going to get a room on Deck 2 is if you are a crew member.

We had that same question on Gem. Ended up with 15500. Looked at the other one the last day and not much difference just prefer 15500 better.

Note on Gem (not sure about Pearl but they look the same) the hot tub isn't like the ones by the pool or in the GV - they fill it up once a day with hot water and it cools off during the day - no heater in it.

We had that same question on Gem. Ended up with 15500. Looked at the other one the last day and not much difference just prefer 15500 better.

Note on Gem (not sure about Pearl but they look the same) the hot tub isn't like the ones by the pool or in the GV - they fill it up once a day with hot water and it cools off during the day - no heater in it.

You can ask the Butler to have them drain it and fill it with Hot water any time you would like, or you can just have the attendent show you what button to press to refill the Hot Tub.