Just booked the Star, but worried about debarkation ?

swanmark

Hi Guys I have just booked the Adriatic cruise out of Venice on the 10th Sept, I was told the ship docked on the last day at 6am, but when my cruise email confirmation came it showed the ship docked at 8.am,, which is a worry because my flight leaves Venice Marco Polo at 10.40. Will I be able to get off the ship shortly after its docked ?.

The ship may dock at 6a but may not start letting passengers disembark until 8a, after the local authorities have given the ok and some of the dock work is done.

If you are on the Star the NCL site shows an 8am disembarkation.

Always a lottery deciding when to book your return flight. We were held onboard for 4 hours after docking in Miami this year. Safe bet to leave the following day if possible if there is only a morning flight. So much less stress !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

very tight timescale ! we get off the star on the 25th and we have the opposite. our flight leaves venice at 7 in the evening and we have no idea what to do when we leave the ship !

Hi we had this last week.

We did the ncl transfer that included luggage storage at the cruise terminal.

We got off about 8.45 got receipts for our luggage and jumped on the Public water taxi (20 mins) into Venice for a few hours.

Got the water taxi back, our luggage was brought to the coach and we headed for the airport.

All fairly painless.

Venice airport is quite small and chaotic, so we had a bit of waiting around.

Catching a 10:40 flight out of Venice port can be done. We just got off the Star on the 28th to catch a 11:30 flight out of Venice. We did have a suite which gave us Priority luggage tags and a Concierge walk off. An announce was made at just before 8:00 that the boat had been cleared and was ready to disembark. We met with other suite cruisers in Gatsby and were able to walk off by 8:10. At the same time cruisers with the first color were called and walked off with us. We did book a private transfer to the airport through a Norwegian link on my cruise summary page. The link lead me to Groundlink where I was able to secure a private minivan for 4 ($87 - $9.00 for Norwegian - $25.00 for 1st time = $56.00 with a Safety Assurance Fee). We disembarked and retrieved our luggage that we had set out the night before (if you can handle your luggage by yourself, keep in with you in the room and get in line to walk off at 8:00). After getting our luggage we met our driver outside and at the airport by 9:00

A 10:40 flight will be cutting it close but if you have everything set up to get off the boat early and transportation ready and waiting you will be able to make your flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We came off Star a couple of days ago, ship docked about 6am but first passengers got of at 8am. We were a suite passenger, walked out the door at 8am, straight through, collected luggage and were outside the building by 8.05! No passport control in arrivals in Venice. We had a private transfer booked and were at the airport for 8.45. Unfortunately the desk for our flight wasn't open, we had to wait until 9.30, check in then took ages to go through security, airport was so chaotic, worst I have seen.

We were on the Star disembarking on May 28. Our flight was at 12:15pm. We were able to disembark by 8:10. We had a driver waiting for us and got to the airport quickly although as mentioned above the desks weren't opened and we had to wait about 20 minutes. It was pretty chaotic. The passport control lines were very long and we made it to our gate by 11:25 just as they were boarding. I would be very nervous to have a 10:40 flight. It can be done but extremely tight.

• 1 month later...
Hi we had this last week.

We did the ncl transfer that included luggage storage at the cruise terminal.

We got off about 8.45 got receipts for our luggage and jumped on the Public water taxi (20 mins) into Venice for a few hours.

Got the water taxi back, our luggage was brought to the coach and we headed for the airport.

All fairly painless.

Venice airport is quite small and chaotic, so we had a bit of waiting around.

Hi we sail on the star 13th August, our problem is on disembarkation our flight is 9.45 pm. Have tried to book this airport transfer with NCL but because we booked with an agent we have to book through them, have emailed agent but not got a reply. Is there anywhere you can leave your luggage for the day as I have had a quote from resort hoppa for a transfer to the airport. Any suggestions. Thanks

Hi we sail on the star 13th August, our problem is on disembarkation our flight is 9.45 pm. Have tried to book this airport transfer with NCL but because we booked with an agent we have to book through them, have emailed agent but not got a reply. Is there anywhere you can leave your luggage for the day as I have had a quote from resort hoppa for a transfer to the airport. Any suggestions. Thanks

There is luggage storage at Piazalle Roma, which is just at the other end of the People Mover from the cruise port.

Piazalle Roma is also where you can pick up a taxi, or a coach to the Airport, as it is basically that furthest that cars etc can get on the Island. It is an ideal place to drop luggage. The biggest problem is getting there with your bags after you disembark, as the people mover can be very busy. However, it doesn't sound like you will be in a rush, so you could always wait for the worst of the crowds to clear.

Thanks. Sounds like the best option for us, would there be plenty of taxis and any idea how much to the airport? ( Marco Polo ) thanks again

From memory, we paid about €45 for a taxi from the cruise port to Marco Polo when we were last in Venice (this Easter).

I honestly don't know how many taxis there would be at Piazalle Roma, as I've never used on from there. We have used the bus to the airport when we've left from there. Taxis will be constantly bringing people onto the Island though, so there should be plenty I'd have thought.