Carnival Magic Quick Room 6460 Report and Funtimes 5/13/2017 - 5/21

gcdanno

We returned from our fun filled Magic 8 day cruise on 5/21/2017. This report is more on the balcony for our room 6460. This is an L-Shaped cabin. Our group rented both cabins around us as well, 6456 (to the right), and the other L-shaped room, 6468 to our left.

room%20map.jpg

Here is a picture of our balcony from when we boarded.

balcony6460only.jpg

We loved it. We asked the steward if we could open either of the partitions, and we could open the one to the right, so our new balcony became this!

Balcony6460and6456.jpg

Here we are using it. We moved the lounger to our neighbors in 6468 and brought over their two chairs, so we had 6 chairs and no loungers.

balcony6460_withpeople.jpg

In retrospect, if we had room 6452 instead of 6468, we could have opened all the partitions for an even bigger balcony.

I have also uploaded the funtimes to dropbox, which you should be able to access here.

I also shot a video of the room 6460 and uploaded it to

That is all for the report. Like I said, just a quick bit of info for anybody interested in these rooms. I would definitely choose these rooms again. No noise above, and you could sometimes hear some bass coming from the comedy lounge below, but we were night owls, so it did not bother us.

I will be happy to answer any questions about the room or the cruise.

Enjoy

Had the cabin 6460 last year on the Magic and loved it! We actually had 2 loungers out there and with only 2 of us, it was the perfect place for afternoon naps on sea days. Definitely would book the cabin again, but they go quickly[emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My sister had 6460 last year on the Magic. While she loves balconies and enjoyed the longer length of this one, she didn't care for the room as much. No couch and she said it felt more crammed. Her favorite balcony is aft extended. That said, people talk against deck 6 balconies on the Dream class ships, but if you get one all the way aft like these, you avoid the issue with the hot tubs and noise for the most part. Cool you were able to open it up like you did! Thanks for sharing.

We returned from our fun filled Magic 8 day cruise on 5/21/2017. This report is more on the balcony for our room 6460. This is an L-Shaped cabin. Our group rented both cabins around us as well, 6456 (to the right), and the other L-shaped room, 6468 to our left.

room%20map.jpg

Here is a picture of our balcony from when we boarded.

balcony6460only.jpg

We loved it. We asked the steward if we could open either of the partitions, and we could open the one to the right, so our new balcony became this!

Balcony6460and6456.jpg

Here we are using it. We moved the lounger to our neighbors in 6468 and brought over their two chairs, so we had 6 chairs and no loungers.

balcony6460_withpeople.jpg

In retrospect, if we had room 6452 instead of 6468, we could have opened all the partitions for an even bigger balcony.

I have also uploaded the funtimes to dropbox, which you should be able to access here.

I also shot a video of the room 6460 and uploaded it to

That is all for the report. Like I said, just a quick bit of info for anybody interested in these rooms. I would definitely choose these rooms again. No noise above, and you could sometimes hear some bass coming from the comedy lounge below, but we were night owls, so it did not bother us.

I will be happy to answer any questions about the room or the cruise.

Enjoy

Do you have any menus?

My sister had 6460 last year on the Magic. While she loves balconies and enjoyed the longer length of this one, she didn't care for the room as much. No couch and she said it felt more crammed. Her favorite balcony is aft extended. That said, people talk against deck 6 balconies on the Dream class ships, but if you get one all the way aft like these, you avoid the issue with the hot tubs and noise for the most part. Cool you were able to open it up like you did! Thanks for sharing.

I was all the way aft next to the wrap around on the Magic this past March. The noise from the nightclub below was almost unbearable on some nights. I'm glad it didn't affect you guys on the side! I love the aft extended but will always aim for higher up now (it just wasn't available on this cruise).

Thanks for the Fun Times. I'm doing same itinerary in September on Magic. Any excursions recommendations?

My favorite excursion was a catamaran we did in St. Maarten. I contacted these guys Mirabella a few months before the trip. We agreed on a discounted price of $60 for a group of 10 of us who had cruised before together. Through some more friends of friends, we wound up with just our group of 35 of us. It was fantastic. You can look them up on FB also, and they did a video while we were on the boat that day including some cool drone footage.

A close second was the Mini Speed Boats we did at St. Kitts. We did this through Carnival, as the company was exclusive to the cruise. If you like snorkeling, this is the place for you. Some amazingly beautiful areas and the coral was stunning.

We rented golf karts in Grand Turk through Karib which was a unique experience. Good to do once, but now will probably stick to Margaritaville or Jack's Shack in the future. One of the carts needed mechanical work and was much slower than the other. It did the job though and we were able to see most of the Island.

For San Juan, we walked into town, and took the free trolley to Fort El Morrow. $5 entry fee. It was cool, but very hot and a lot of stairs and walking.