Summary of Winning Bids on Priceline/Hotwire et al

CC Help Jenn

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Priceline - Name Your Own Price won bid 5/24, started at $125, raised $5 until I reached $145

Hyatt Regency Pier 66, FLL Downtown-Cruiseport

November 18, 2017

2 rooms for a total of $338.90 with taxes & fees added

On betterbidding helper, for Port Everglades, June 11, I'm seeing a 2.5-star hotel with "100% recommendation!", for $91 There's also a 4-star for $87. Can anyone identify these hotels? Tks

Hotwire or Priceline or Priceline Express ????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was on the Hotwire Easy View on betterbidding.

But i think prices have changed since. Tks.

The four star is probably the Renaissance. Another option is the Hilton Fort Lauderdale marina for 82.22 + tax = 94.45 on last minute travel .com. Google for their free membership promo code.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got the Riverside hotel for $81 + tax, total $98.41 from Hotwire for Sep.22 :D

Hotel details : 3.5 star

Complimentary

Free Internet

Amenities

Business centerFitness centerGolf nearbyPet friendlyPool(s)Restaurant(s)Smoke-free rooms

Just got the Riverside hotel for $81 + tax, total $98.41 from Hotwire for Sep.22 :D

Hotel details : 3.5 star

Complimentary

Free Internet

Amenities

Business centerFitness centerGolf nearbyPet friendlyPool(s)Restaurant(s)Smoke-free rooms

Excellent!

Kimpton Epic Miami

Priceline Express Deals and using a 10% coupon,

Miami Port area, (not Brickell)

$130 per night before discount.

($117)

5 star hotel

October 4-6

Regular price currently $186

Total for two nights

$287, inclusive of all fees [emoji16]

Yep, we cancelled our Ft Lauderdale Riverside Hotel reservation, especially since our ship departs from Miami

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All-

I am so frustrated with the high prices of hotels! I used Priceline several years ago on a regular basis for business purposes and was quite successful and pleased.

We need a hotel for one night in FLL in Jan. 2018 for a Princess cruise.

My main question is; how far in advance can these sites offer a discounted price (Priceline, etc.)? Recent comments give me hope! However, I will need to give myself a refresher course.

Two other couples will be arriving from the airport and we will arrive via the Princess port (lucky us; off one and then onto another one!)

TIA for any tips and suggestions! :cool:

Hi All-

I am so frustrated with the high prices of hotels! I used Priceline several years ago on a regular basis for business purposes and was quite successful and pleased.

We need a hotel for one night in FLL in Jan. 2018 for a Princess cruise.

My main question is; how far in advance can these sites offer a discounted price (Priceline, etc.)? Recent comments give me hope! However, I will need to give myself a refresher course.

Two other couples will be arriving from the airport and we will arrive via the Princess port (lucky us; off one and then onto another one!)

TIA for any tips and suggestions! :cool:

Sorry, but this is a site for listing winning bids on Priceline or Hot Wire. It is not a forum for advice on how to bid, where to get good prices, etc. There are other internet sources for that. It seems that the thread has lost it's original intent and we seem to be going off into the weeds a bit.

"However, I will need to give myself a refresher course."

I was not asking for bidding advice. I thought maybe some info could be provided on the area and recent bid wins. So many other posts did that; it went into the weeds about 4 posts after the thread began. OOOPs

Sorry to have bothered you.

Yep, we cancelled our Ft Lauderdale Riverside Hotel reservation, especially since our ship departs from Miami

Assuming you're flying into FLL and since hotels are usually cheaper in the greater FLL area than in the Miami area, I would have stuck with what you had. And it's just a short uber or lyft ride in the morning to go from your hotel to the Miami port.

Assuming you're flying into FLL and since hotels are usually cheaper in the greater FLL area than in the Miami area, I would have stuck with what you had. And it's just a short uber or lyft ride in the morning to go from your hotel to the Miami port.

Huh? We got a cheap airfare to FLL due to MIA being very pricey We had booked the Riverside in Ft Lauderdale for $188 a night. I have been tracking hotel fares in both Miami and FL. A great price came up for the Epic in Miami, which is where we sail from. I got the Epic for $117 per night, saving $70 per night for us, AND putting us within 10 minutes of our ship. It is a win win.

Why should I have stuck with what I had when I am now saving money and ended up in a five star hotel for much cheaper than the three star I'd previously booked. I never found anything in Ft Lauderdale that came close to what we are now paying and I've been Price tracking every day for several months.

Edited by 4cats4me

Huh? We got a cheap airfare to FLL due to MIA being very pricey We had booked the Riverside in Ft Lauderdale for $188 a night. I have been tracking hotel fares in both Miami and FL. A great price came up for the Epic in Miami, which is where we sail from. I got the Epic for $117 per night, saving $70 per night for us, AND putting us within 10 minutes of our ship. It is a win win.

Why should I have stuck with what I had when I am now saving money and ended up in a five star hotel for much cheaper than the three star I'd previously booked. I never found anything in Ft Lauderdale that came close to what we are now paying and I've been Price tracking every day for several months.

Congrats on your coup....because, in general, hotel prices are higher in the greater MIA area than the FLL area, just like airfares are usually higher flying into MIA as well, primarily because of Southwest and Jet Blue having FLL as a hub.

Hotwire--1 night post cruise

November 12th-13th

FLL cruise port 3.5 stars New to Hotwire

Embassy Suites on 17th St

$138 for 3 adults 1 child

Not the best cost savings, but we love this hotel. Could have booked direct for $169

Been watching hotel prices for Miami pre-cruise in October.. I preferred either the Brickell Financial area, or the Airport Blue Lagoon... prices were sky high...($175++..)

But I finally got a pretty good deal on Hotwire...

Atton Brickell Miami Hotel

• $103 /night + tax
  • 4.8 star on TripAdvisor
  • 4.5 star on Expedia
  • 4.0 star on Yelp

No airport shuttle or port shuttle, so I'll have to take Uber or Lyft.. but the savings will easily off-set that

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...