Celebrity Cruises LGBT Commercial

fozzybear1980

Nice advertisement. On our last X cruise they didn't have FOD in the daily, but if you asked they would let you know when and where (Martini Bar always). We are booked on the Equinox in November 2014.

We just came back on Friday from the NCL Breakaway, and there were a lot of gays onboard that sailing. However, I'm not inclined to return to NCL. We really like Celebrity.

We have always found Celebrity to be very gay friendly. In fact, on our last cruse on Reflection my partner and I were the "top cruisers" and went on stage in the theater to accept the award from the captain. We do not like that much attention, but felt it was good to show people a gay couple that had been married and were together for a long time We were also invited to a private pre New Year reception with Michael Bayley, President of Celebrity Cruises who was a guest on this voyage. We always feel very welcomed on all of our Celebrity and Azamara cruises.

• 6 months later...

I've never seen that ad before and congratulate Celebrity on their forward thinking. It's just too bad you don't see the ad on mainstream television (that new ad for Hotwire, Lucky Me, is a perfect example).

We too go on many cruises and find Celebrity and Royal to be the best as far as "friendly" goes. If you think about it, there is such an untapped market out there that you would have thought it would have been jumped on years ago.;)

• 2 weeks later...

Great Ad! Every year in Chicago we have a street fair called "Market Days" which runs down Halsted street in Boystown. This year I was happy to see Celebrity had a book set up, giving away a free cruise and even had their giant "Lawn Chairs" famous from their S Class ships for people to sit in and take photos. As a couple who now only cruises Celebrity and adores their ships we were thrilled to see them there!

Lovely Ad, thanks for sharing.

We've just come back from Atlantis' Mediterranean cruise on the Equinox and it was great. We're now thinking of going on their Asia cruise on the Millenium at Easter.

We've also been on a number of Pied Piper group sailings which also use a lot of Celebrity ships and had good times.

The best thing is, Celebrity are a classy but affordable cruise line.

• 2 weeks later...

We love Celebrity also. It has become our favorite line for sure. I just wish they'd post the FOD meetups in the daily paper again. The FOD gatherings were non-existent on our last cruise. When they used to post in the paper, we always had a nice group.

To strike a somewhat cynical note....

Sure, Celebrity may be an outstanding supporter of queer rights. On the other hand, they may simply be savvy marketers going after a target demographic. There are, after all, cabins to be filled. If the National Organization for Marriage or Focus on the Family wanted to book a group sailing on a Celebrity ship, do we think they would be turned down?

I have nothing against X. In fact, I wish that Princess would include just one or two same-sex couples in their voluminous advertising. It's simply that I can't get incredibly excited when a corporation encourages us to give them our money.

(By the bye, as San Francisco has becomes even more clearly The City With Disposable Income, Celebrity has begun blanketing the City with their ads. Does that mean that the line - which almost never actually sails from here - is also pro-San Francisco?)

KUDOS to Celebrity! I would like to add that it's been our experience that Carnival is just as gay friendly. We have never had a bad experience on Carnival. We have always felt very welcomed by the crew and fellow cruisers. :p

Any other g/l couples on Pied Piper group Celebrity Solstice,

NZ/Australia 1/4/-1/18/2015 cruise? We're a lesbian couple from

Dallas, Have sailed on a number of Pied Piper Celebrity, mostly

guys (whom we enjoy), but would love to connect w/other

lesbian couples! Love Celebrity!

We love Celebrity and met so many FOD on our last cruise in November 2011 on the Celebrity Silhouette. Crusing on the Equinox on the Dec 1 Ultimate Caribbean cruise - Aqua class - the only way to cruise. :)

Great Ad! Every year in Chicago we have a street fair called "Market Days" which runs down Halsted street in Boystown. This year I was happy to see Celebrity had a book set up, giving away a free cruise and even had their giant "Lawn Chairs" famous from their S Class ships for people to sit in and take photos. As a couple who now only cruises Celebrity and adores their ships we were thrilled to see them there!

Paul, My Fiance and I were at Market Days too and stopped at the Celebrity booth, we were very impressed with their cruise line and just may have to try out one of their cruises soon!! We are taking our honeymoon cruise with RCCL in November so we will see if we enjoy cruising

Any other g/l couples on Pied Piper group Celebrity Solstice,

NZ/Australia 1/4/-1/18/2015 cruise? We're a lesbian couple from

Dallas, Have sailed on a number of Pied Piper Celebrity, mostly

guys (whom we enjoy), but would love to connect w/other

lesbian couples! Love Celebrity!

Lesbian couple here too. We've also sailed with Pied Piper, were the only lesbians in the group; we do enjoy the guys, but I know what you mean. :)

We're about to take our first non-Pied Piper Celerity cruise, the Silhouette's westbound TA in November. Hope you enjoy your Solstice cruise!

There's a thread in this forum called "Lesbian Couples Who Love Cruising." Seems to be a lot of Carnival fans, though not exclusively.

• 2 years later...

Three years ago my husband and I celebrated 20 years together on the Reflection in Murano. It was perfect from the champagne to the happy anniversary dessert. Staff and other sailers were very supportive. This year we sail for anniversary 23-2, 23rd year together, second as legal spouses.

• 2 weeks later...

Next month we will be taking our 50th cruise. We have never had any problems as a gay couple on any of the cruises we have taken. Celebrity is our favorite cruise line. May 7, 2017 we will be cruising on our 28 Celebrity cruise. Our last Celebrity cruise there were 5 LGBT couples that I knew of in suites.

Three years ago my husband and I celebrated 20 years together on the Reflection in Murano. It was perfect from the champagne to the happy anniversary dessert. Staff and other sailers were very supportive. This year we sail for anniversary 23-2, 23rd year together, second as legal spouses.

Congratulations :)

Also good to hear that you had such a great experience.