luggage storage at Newark airport

craftymarie

we are on a TA on serenade which ends in Bayonne on 16th Sept (tue). as our Lufthansa flight does not leave until 6.30 pm, I am hoping that someone knows of a luggage storage in Newark airport. we have transfers with rccl so will go directly to the airport. if we can store our bags then we can leave the airport as we have 6- 8 hours to kill:eek: Thanks

AFAIK there is no such thing at EWR. You COULD head over to the Newark Airport Marriott, and see if the bell staff would hold it for you.....the answer would likely be yes, especially when accompanied by a thank you note on that special green paper, with pictures of dead people on them!! :D:D:D:D

There used to be a luggage storage facility on Terminal C when it was Continental's terminal, but it was only for Continental passengers. Later when it became the United terminal it was still operating for United passengers only, although it wasn't clear whether that restriction was enforced.

However I read a post on TripAdvisor that the facility was no longer in operation.

Meg's suggestion is probably your only option.

Edited by njhorseman

you do not want tomspend that long at ewr ...unless you get. lounge pass...

i would try the marriott, or even take the shuttle to the courtyard elizabeth, ask the desk to hold your stuff, the go to jersey gardens...

you could also ask if any hotel would sell you a part day room, though they usually do not know til the day of...

• 1 year later...

Time to update the information about Newark Airport:

There is still luggage storage service at Terminal C, lower level (arrival level), this year between carousels #8 and #9. It's a small counter next to a column, no signs. The luggage room is somewhere else, so if no one is there at the counter, just wait for some minutes.

Maybe it's only for United passengers, but the employee did not ask me for a flight ticket. At retrieval I asked if they would take luggage from passengers flying with airlines other than United, e.g. Lufthansa, and he affirmed. Anyhow it might be wise to have a United flight number at hand, in case they ask.

The price for my suitcase was 10 $ per day.

operating hours now 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.

Good luck!

• 3 months later...

Thank you Juli56 !

You saved my day.

I want to confirm that this service is still in effect. As stated above, the luggage check is between Bag pick up 8 & 9 in terminal C.

The required a United flight number, but did not ask to see a ticket.

I recommend bringing cash to pay when you pick up. The attendant was having trouble using a credit card.