Port stop in boston

I understand some of the cruise lines have shuttles available on port stops in Boston. Does anyone know if RCL has them ?

How much would a taxi cost to Quincy Market ? I know we could use the bus system, but really would rather not. I priced out the water taxi and it's $72.00 round trip for 2, which is to much to go a few miles.

I understand some of the cruise lines have shuttles available on port stops in Boston. Does anyone know if RCL has them ?

How much would a taxi cost to Quincy Market ? I know we could use the bus system, but really would rather not. I priced out the water taxi and it's $72.00 round trip for 2, which is to much to go a few miles.

Taxi would be $10-15 each way depending on traffic. Take a close look at a map. If you tell your cab to go up Atlantic Avenue and drop you at State Street, you can cross the street and walk into the Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market area from the east side. IMO much faster and less expensive than getting involved with Pearl Street and Congress Street to go to the west end of the market.

Thanks so much that will work. We are meeting my sister, I thought Faneuil Hall was the best place to meet. She is taking the train from RI (She doesn't want to drive, lol).

You could always meet the train at South Station, and a 15 minute walk to Quincy Market.

• 11 months later...
any update on this regarding cruise ship shuttles from the port?

Which cruise line? What do you want to do in Boston? Where do you want to go?

Ship shuttles usually go to Quincy Market/Faneuil Hall. If you really want to go someplace else (Constitution, Harvard Square, Fenway Park, JFK Museum, etc), then taxi and/or public transit are your best options.

I wouldn't recommend the hoho in Boston. It's an open bus, and last fall we sat in heavy traffic breathing exhaust fumes more than we toured. We generally like hoho's, but this one ranks last on our list.

I wouldn't recommend the hoho in Boston. It's an open bus, and last fall we sat in heavy traffic breathing exhaust fumes more than we toured. We generally like hoho's, but this one ranks last on our list.

Downtown Boston is a maze of narrow one way streets that can easily clog up with traffic. The Hoho's can't get really close to many historical sites - that's why so many people walk the Freedom Trail. Public transit (subway) is good in downtown and can get you around most of the time faster than surface transportation. If you can identify what you want to see, a viable plan can be put together.

Not sure if it an option for you but we had a beautiful day last week and opted to walk from the port, along Port road then on to Liberty Park to start exploring. The walk was about 1.75 miles and took us close to an hour, but we were just wandering this trip so it added to the day. Ended up at Quincy Market and then walked back - 22,430 step day!

What would people recommend for transportation from the cruise port to the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum? Any estimate of the taxi fare?

Thanks.

What day of the week? Cab would be $25-30 each way depending on traffic. Uber is an option. Public transit would be about an hour each way.

Not sure if it an option for you but we had a beautiful day last week and opted to walk from the port, along Port road then on to Liberty Park to start exploring. The walk was about 1.75 miles and took us close to an hour, but we were just wandering this trip so it added to the day. Ended up at Quincy Market and then walked back - 22,430 step day!

Well that sounds like an option for us...but we also want to go to Mike's Pastry for Boston Cream Pie...will be there in October.

We will be in Boston on a Saturday

I would consider a taxi or Uber if you're not on a tight budget. Public transit doesn't run as frequently on Sat.

For public transit you take the Silver Line to the Red Line at South Station where you have two choices:

1). Red Line two stops to Green Line E train and a 3 minute walk. One fare total

2). Commuter rail to Ruggles and a 9 minute walk. Two fares total

Post back if you want to do public transit to get other opinions. http://Www.mbta.com has maps and commuter rail schedules and a planning tool.

I would consider a taxi or Uber if you're not on a tight budget. Public transit doesn't run as frequently on Sat.

For public transit you take the Silver Line to the Red Line at South Station where you have two choices:

1). Red Line two stops to Green Line E train and a 3 minute walk. One fare total

2). Commuter rail to Ruggles and a 9 minute walk. Two fares total

Post back if you want to do public transit to get other opinions. Www.mbta.com has maps and commuter rail schedules and a planning tool.

Public transportation is easy to take in Boston

Public transportation is easy to take in Boston

Public transit is easy to take in Boston, but if you're going outside the central downtown area on a port day, you need to research the routes to have a specific plan and identify alternative options.

Public transit is easy to take in Boston, but if you're going outside the central downtown area on a port day, you need to research the routes to have a specific plan and identify alternative options.

Thanks, 138east and Ferry Beach Kayaker for responding to my question. I have used the "T" in the past, but was concerned about the length of travel time by public transit. Given the estimate of an hour each way, we will probably use taxis or Uber.

10 minutes from boarding to South Station. 10 minutes from boarding the Red Line (free transfer) at South Station to get to Park Street. Upstairs to the Green Line (free transfer) and 15 minutes to get to Kenmore Square on the B, C, or D train. 10 minute walk from there to the ballpark.

Google Maps can map this out for you and include wait times for trains. My numbers are conservative estimates.

Thank you for the information. I did do the trip planner on the subway app, but you made it a little easier. I think I can do a 1:00 tour, then head back and do some freedom trail. I cancelled my hoho trolley. I decided that I can do a cab back to port if need to.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.5 HD using Forums mobile app

Well that sounds like an option for us...but we also want to go to Mike's Pastry for Boston Cream Pie...will be there in October.

Mike's is okay, has some seating, but can get extremely crowded. We prefer Bova's Bakery a few blocks off Hanover Street on Salem Street. More locals use Bova's than Mike's. Just had their Irish Cream cannolis last time I was in Boston.

Yum! Just Yelped Mike's Pastry and Bova Bakery and the cannolis look delish!

I was planning to tour the Freedom Trail from the Boston Commons to Faneuil Hall/Quincy Market with a stop here for lunch.

How long of a walk is it from Faneuil Hall to Mike's or Bova's. Or would taking a cab/Uber be better?