Excursions from Venice to Athens

Alaskawoman

Many of the ports one can easily DIY. We DIY in all ports except: Olimpia we took the tour, we found it worthwhile because otherwise it would be difficult to understand what you are seeing. We also took the tour in Santorini which took you to Akotori ruins and Oia. Again, we were facinated by Akotori. Oia is a must do, no matter how you get there. We also booked a tour in Corfu, I wasn't crazy about it and we should have just DIY. When we arrived in Athens at disemarkation I arranged for PK Travel Greece to give us a half day tour, driving us directly to the Acropolis as soon as it opened and then other sites before going to hotel because we were flying home the next day. Any other questions please ask, I know there is not much information out there

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In Dubrovnik you are tendered directly to the walled city. We walked the wall, then took the cable car up to Mount Sid, also walked around Old Town for shopping, visiting churches, etc. there was plenty of time there. In some of the small ports in Croatia the water sports team will take you to a beach. I found the Rick Steves guidebook very helpful for ideas for the various ports.