Princess Cruise Secrets 2017

barbpretz

If I buy the shares what do I need to do so I can get the OBC?

We have had 100 shares for a number of years. To have the credit applied to your

booking you need to send them a copy of the latest statement showing your ownership,

ie from your broker, either by snail mail or by fax.

We black out the account number and any financial information other than the

Carnival share info and make a copy.

There is a form you need to obtain from Princess (they will email it to you).

You fill out the form, including your name, booking number, etc, and send the form

and the brokerage statement to them.

You can do this after making final payment, or 60 days pre

The process for applying your OBC for shares is simpler in the UK. There's no form to fill in and you can email your proof of current share ownership, it doesn't have to be snail mailed or faxed. I was initially dubious about this because I'd read on CC from several sources that email wasn't accepted, but I was assured by two different Princess staff in the UK that email was the way to go, and so it proved.

I've done it both with the form and without the form. It makes absolutely no difference. If you don't use the form just make sure your name, voyage number, booking number, etc. are clearly listed on the info you fax to Princess. Sadly (at least in the US) you can't email the info.

Make sure your stock holdings are clearly identified as belonging to you and that the info you submit is no more than 90 days old. If you submit it farther out than 90 days before you cruise it won't be accepted.

OBC amounts from both Carnival Corp shareholders benefit and Military Veteran depend on the length of the cruise. It ranges for $50 for 6 days or less, $100 for 7-13 days to $250 for longer cruises over 14 days.

Another tip for OBC is the FCC (Future Cruise Credit). This must be purchased onboard and used within two years, so only available after your first cruise. FCC cost $100 and acts as your cruise deposit when used. OBC is a bonus

On each of our next two cruises we will receive $250 OBC simply for owning 100 shares of CCL. The $35 per quarter dividend that it pays out isn't hard to take either. :)

We will also receive $150 each on our next cruise and $100 each on the cruise after that simply because we booked using FCD as our deposit. Anybody who cruises with Princess fairly often and doesn't purchase FCD when onboard is truly blowing it badly.

Please buy 10,000 to 50,000 shares of CCL and raise the value of my shares. Thank You.

2017 Tip: Wash your hands.

Wash early. Wash often. (Kind of like voting in Chicago in the old days... ;p) Washing your hands frequently using soap and water and using only a knuckle to push elevator buttons can go a long way to staying healthy on a cruise.

2017 Tip # 2: Don't swallow your Medallion, they are for external use only!

The question was actually asked during a press release, "Will it still work if my child swallows it?". The answer was YES. :cool:

Buy 100 shares of Carnival stocks and get an OBC every time you sail!

It doesn't hurt that the $35 share I purchased approximately five years ago, is now selling for $59 a share. I get a quarterly dividend, PLUS OBC on top of that. Its a deal that can't be beat! Works on any Carnival owned line.

The last cruise I went on, I made out like a bandit. between Shareholders OBC, Veteran's OBC, FCC OBC, and OBC I received from my travel agent, had about $900 in OBC. I didn't use it all, and traded the balance in for cold hard cash before I left the ship on the last day.

Edited by Cras108er

Yes to refer you need first name, last name and email address of the person(s) being referred. If more than one you need all names. Clearly you may not wish to publish on cc so normally the person willing to refer will give an email address. Mine is philipmclellan@yahoo.co.uk. The person being referred cannot have made a booking with Princess and indeed not had any direct contact having given Princess an email address.

I have only done for folks in the UK, so not clear if I can refer people in say the US.

Will be my first time on Princess too. How does this referral work? Don't we need each other's "real names"?

Yes to refer you need first name, last name and email address of the person(s) being referred. If more than one you need all names. Clearly you may not wish to publish on cc so normally the person willing to refer will give an email address. Mine is philipmclellan@yahoo.co.uk. The person being referred cannot have made a booking with Princess and indeed not had any direct contact having given Princess an email address.

I have only done for folks in the UK, so not clear if I can refer people in say the US.

Follow up folks in US and Canada can only be referred by folks in US and Canada

Well that sucks. I have not made my booking yet but I have talked to a cruise consultant at Princess and they sent me an email to "hold" a cabin, which I did not reserve at the time. Oh well, We tried. Have a good night!