Uber/Lyft on Big Island

Elua

Aloha Kakou!

This is Tiki Dave from Elua, and I wanted to let everyone know that both of the Big Island ports now have Uber/Lyft service available. It just came online last week, but in Hilo and Kona, there is service available. Thought I'd give everyone a heads up, as it opens up some options for transportation.

Aloha No,

Tiki Dave

(of Elua)

http://www.facebook.com/eluamusic

I was there last week & when I clicked on the app it said Service Not Available in this area.

Hopefully that has been updated.

Aloha,

It just went online last Friday. I think it also depends where you were looking for a ride. I know there can't be pickups in the port area, (you can get a pickup across the street from there port) and there is no pickup at the airport as well. (Though they can do drop offs)

Aloha,

Tiki Dave

Any idea the approximate rate for a Lyft/Uber to the airport for a car rental in Hilo? I know it is a very close proximity.

Would you recommend ordering a Lyft/Uber for a ride to the airport for Honolulu and Kaui from the cruiseport for car rental?

thank you -

Aloha,

It just went online last Friday. I think it also depends where you were looking for a ride. there is no pickup at the airport as well. (Though they can do drop offs)

Aloha,

Tiki Dave

I was looking for a ride on Wednesday from the AP because the rental car shuttle was overly crowded (we got closed out of 2) & I feared missing the ship.

• 4 weeks later...
Aloha,

It just went online last Friday. I think it also depends where you were looking for a ride. I know there can't be pickups in the port area, (you can get a pickup across the street from there port) and there is no pickup at the airport as well. (Though they can do drop offs)

Aloha,

Tiki Dave

Do you know if there is Uber in Kauai. ????? We have been there many times. And we were thinking of going to play mini golf there. We are on a Princess cruise, so we dock there for the day. I here it is about 30 minute drive from the port. We thought it might be fun.

Do you know if there is Uber in Kauai. ????? We have been there many times. And we were thinking of going to play mini golf there. We are on a Princess cruise, so we dock there for the day. I here it is about 30 minute drive from the port. We thought it might be fun.

Aloha,

Yes, they do have it on Kaua'i. It cannot arrange a pickup in the terminal area of the port...you have to go outside of the gates. Not sure of the location of the mini-golf, but there is Uber on Kaua'i.

Aloha No,

Tiki Dave

(of Elua)

http://www.facebook.com/tikidavemusic

Aloha,

Yes, they do have it on Kaua'i. It cannot arrange a pickup in the terminal area of the port...you have to go outside of the gates. Not sure of the location of the mini-golf, but there is Uber on Kaua'i.

Aloha No,

Tiki Dave

(of Elua)

www.facebook.com/eluamusic

www.facebook.com/tikidavemusic

Dave...several years ago you recommended a great plate lunch spot to us & since it's your home would you have anything to share on this Hawaii forum thread.

I hope to walk around the downtown area visiting the Discovery Center, Tsunami Museum, Lyman Museum and East Hawaii Cultural Center. They all look close on the map. Is it easy walking in the area? Are there places to sit? I sometimes have difficulty walking more than about 4-5 blocks without a short rest. Additionally,transport alternatives from the port to the downtown area would be appreciated.

Aloha,

Aloha No,

Tiki Dave

(of Elua)

http://www.facebook.com/tikidavemusic

Thanks so much Dave. We just loved you both on our recent Hawaii cruise last March 13, on the Star. Do you think you guys will be on the Star to Hawaii on October 25th out of LA????????

Grace

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks so much Dave. We just loved you both on our recent Hawaii cruise last March 13, on the Star. Do you think you guys will be on the Star to Hawaii on October 25th out of LA????????

Grace

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aloha,

I believe we are scheduled to be on that cruise. We are awaiting confirmation of our fall dates, but there's a good chance we will be there. As soon as we know anything solid and 100%, I will publish it here on CC or at our FB page http://www.facebook.com/eluamusic

Aloha No,

Tiki Dave

Dave...several years ago you recommended a great plate lunch spot to us & since it's your home would you have anything to share on this Hawaii forum thread.

Aloha,

Can you send me the link to that thread...I would be more then happy to put in my $0.02

Tiki Dave