Clothes / drying solution for cabin (multi hanger).

perditax

No way I'm lugging that! I have one at home & it'll go into our donation pile as it's heavy, unwieldy to use & surely doesn't do what it's supposed to & I really wanted it to Work!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It'll work in the closet but not as a drying hangar.

Big problem with that, the clothes will be close together, not allowing any air between the clothes, not allowing the clothes to dry.

Look for an 'octopus'. A round or square hangar with clothespins and lots of spaces. Seen them at Ikea, Walmart and Target. My favorite ones come from Daiso.

Could get inflatable hangars or use balloons.

I use something similar to this at home. We air dry many of our clothes.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0001E839U/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1491323178&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=drying+hangers&dpPl=1&dpID=41FvZiper9L&ref=plSrch

Edited by SadieN

Thanks for all the additional links.

I'm only out ten bucks on the first one and I have a lot of tanks at home anyway, but some of the other stuff looks interesting too.

I usually travel in a small solo cabin on lines with no laundry (e.g., NCL) and I do end up hand-washing a few items, so being able hang them up (and bathing suits--don't like the shower line thing) would be cool.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have you considered using magnetic hooks and hanging a hanger from each one? You can hang them right by the air vent. The ceilings and walls are magnetic. It's also a good way to hang a formal dress on the wall when it's to long for the closet. That's what we do. We use these two from Home Depot.

This one is a bit of an overkill weight wise, but we didn't know how well they would work.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/MASTER-MAGNETICS-65-lb-Magnetic-Pull-Hook-07580HD/202639939

http://www.homedepot.com/p/MASTER-MAGNETICS-Handi-Hook-20-lb-Magnetic-Pull-Hook-07218HD/202639937

I used something similar last year in Italy and on our TA. The clips are real strong and I didn't have a problem getting one thing off without knocking it all off. I'm taking it again this year.