Travel pillows - the good, the bad, and the ugly

mjthecruiser

i have a bad neck and generally have difficulty sleeping on planes. I have tried several different pillows but not yet found one I love. I would love to hear about pillows that work and those that don't work so I can avoid buying another one to sit in my travel drawer.

Buy a travel pillow filled with buckwheat. They are the most flexible and moldable. They are a bit more heavier than others but worth the extra cost and weight. I left one in a hotel years ago and tried others with no comfort. I'm now back with my buckwheat pillow and will use it on my flight from LAX to Bali in June.

i have a bad neck and generally have difficulty sleeping on planes. I have tried several different pillows but not yet found one I love. I would love to hear about pillows that work and those that don't work so I can avoid buying another one to sit in my travel drawer.

Also have neck issues so bought a Lewis N. Clark On Air inflatable travel pillow from Amazon last fall. Am happy with it - it folds to compact size, is easy to inflate and air can be adjusted to what comfortable for you.

Jill Bailey

How thick is the Lewis and Clark at the back of the neck? I usually have problems caused by the pillows being too thick there.

Is there a specific buckwheat pillow that you recommend?

It can be as thick as you want because after you blow it up....say 4"- then you can bleed air out of it to what thickness is right for you.