Manhattan cruise terminal arrival with late afternoon departure from JFK

mare s.

We will have to disembark by 9 am on a Thursday but don't have a flight from JFK until 3:45 pm. I've read here that we could store luggage at Schwartz's for a few hours but I have some questions. Is Schwartz's within walking distance of the cruise terminal or will we need a taxi (if the latter, I suspect this will take some time)

I did read that one can get a taxi from Schwartz's to JFK. Must this be pre-arranged? If not, how much time should we allow for this process and to get to JFK in time for our flight?

Given taxis and traffic, are we just better off heading straight to the airport after disembarkation and just hanging out at the airport for a few hours?

thanks!

If your flight is international, plan to be at the airport 3 hours before your flight, 2 hours for a domestic flight. Allow an hour to get to the airport.

You can't pre-arrange a cab; just hail one on the street.

You can pre-arrange a car service such as Dial 7 or Carmel.

Schwartz had several locations; use Google maps to plot a walking route and see how far it is.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

It's too far to walk with luggage from the cruise terminal to either Schwartz Travel location. If you were to take a taxi, and let's say check your luggage with Schwartz by 10 am, you could spend about two hours in Manhattan before heading out to the airport, assuming you're on a domestic flight. Since it's a weekday, traffic can be heavy, so I'd leave Manhattan by noon, which allows for a 1 3/4 hour drive time to get to your airline terminal by 1:45 pm, two hours before your flight's departure. I would reserve a car service such as Carmel Limo or Dial 7 to get to the airport, or perhaps use Uber. I think it's too risky to rely on hailing a taxi on the street.

Canada/NE Princess Cruise returns to Brooklyn cruise terminal Saturday Oct 8 at 6am. Our flight doesn't leave until 6pm JFK. Where to leave luggage for a few hours? How to get to Hoboken from Brooklyn cruise terminal/or luggage drop off? Thanks for any help.

Canada/NE Princess Cruise returns to Brooklyn cruise terminal Saturday Oct 8 at 6am. Our flight doesn't leave until 6pm JFK. Where to leave luggage for a few hours? How to get to Hoboken from Brooklyn cruise terminal/or luggage drop off? Thanks for any help.

Why Hoboken? Carlos Bakery?

On a high level, cab to Schwartz Travel on West 37th, walk or cab to PATH at 6th & 33rd, and PATH to Hoboken. Reverse the trip to get back to Schwartz Travel. Cab to JFK. I would be leaving Schwartz Travel for JFK between 2:30 and 3 pm.

• 2 weeks later...