Photo Package

miss

We will be cruising in Alaska in July on Princess. Somewhere on these boards I read about very inexpensive photo packages that had been available but no longer were. Does anyone know if they come up now and then or if that was a one time thing. I would be very interested if I could get the reduced rate. Thanks for any help I can get.

I bought a package for the cruise I took last month for $99 and for the Alaska cruise I took last summer the package was $199. I've heard it depends on the ship and whether or not they're offering any deals. The option should be in your cruise personalizer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am sailing Emerald in July to Alaska too. I purchased the all inclusive photo package for $99; but like arb18 mentioned; our promo ended in Feb. Go into your cruise personalizer and check the pricing.

We purchased the $99 package in Feb. I would check the website often (I saw it under Onboard Reservations in the Cruise Personalizer). We just got off the cruise and had 17 pictures so you can see how $99 is a steal. I bought the package for our 2018 cruise as well because I was afraid Princess might not offer it again.

If the $99 price shows up again you might want to buy it. We did back in February and had 61 pictures on the ship-shaped thumb drive plus all the prints. Princess still made money on us because we normally only buy one picture for around $30.

Package includes prints, digital files on drive (although fairly low resolution at 800K), and some free stuff from Shutterfly (shopping bag, small photo book, luggage tag, playing cards). Offers are good for a few months.

On an older ship you have to keep taking the thumb drive back to the photo shop with the prints off the display wall - they have no way to identify which photo goes with your cabin. Updated ships have video photo displays that let you do this all at once.

We purchased the $99 package in Feb. I would check the website often (I saw it under Onboard Reservations in the Cruise Personalizer). We just got off the cruise and had 17 pictures so you can see how $99 is a steal. I bought the package for our 2018 cruise as well because I was afraid Princess might not offer it again.

Just finished a 15 day Hawaii trip on Star. I had seen photo package at $199 on Personalizer earlier, and when it saw it at $99 if prepaid, I jumped at it. We came back with 91 pictures, prints and digital on a ship stick. We usually buy between 3 and 6 pictures anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

We recently purchased a photo package on our Australian Transpacific (29-days) for $299. The photo package was not available for $99 due to the length of the cruise. We took many pictures, boarding, formal etc. I particularly liked the USB feature and saw that all was posted to the USB. However, when I got home recently, and went to upload my pictures, only one picture was there...the USB drive was corrupted. I called Princess, explained the problem. The representative referred the issue to a supervisor. I received an email the next day asking for some information so they could contact the ship that was now enroute to Alaska. Much to my surprise, they located the images. Yesterday, in the mail, I received a NEW flashdrive with all the images. Of course, I did have all of the photo prints, but having the USB was a bonus. Princess has definitely surprised and delighted me in handling this customer service problem. I was impressed.

We bought the photo package for $99 for our Spring Break cruise. We had 17 people traveling with us in 5 cabins. 4 of the cabins had the package and my wife and her friends took advantage of the great deal. We walked off the ship with 119 hard copies for our cabin alone (embarkation, gangway, formal night, casual portraits, etc). It was a great deal for us.

Check the prints you receive. We received a thumb drive and prints on the last night of each week long cruise. We had all of the digital files but were missing 7 prints (including our pictures with the captain). Went to the photo gallery with the thumb drive and gave them the file names of the missing photo prints. Got them the next day.

We bought the package for our two one week cruises on the Majestic for $99 and got both week's photos. We received 77 photos after two weeks.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

We got it for $49 last year when they were testing it out on the Royal. We ended up with more than 60 pictures for 10 days. We got not only the hard copies but the electronic ones on a ship USB drive. When it was offered for $99 earlier this year, we jumped on it because that's an excellent price especially since you know how expensive each picture is when purchased on their own without the photo package.

I'm so sad. I jumped on the $99 offer when it was offered months ago, and added it to my Onboard reservations in my Cruise Personalizer. Today, as I am approaching Final Payment date, I went in to pay off my cruise (check), pre-pay gratuities (check), and purchase my cart full of beverages and photo packages -- but no! My $99 reserved package was now priced at $199!

I apparently missed the part requiring payment while the offer was still valid. I thought reserving it would be sufficient. I'm crushed.

I'm so sad. I jumped on the $99 offer when it was offered months ago, and added it to my Onboard reservations in my Cruise Personalizer. Today, as I am approaching Final Payment date, I went in to pay off my cruise (check), pre-pay gratuities (check), and purchase my cart full of beverages and photo packages -- but no! My $99 reserved package was now priced at $199!

I apparently missed the part requiring payment while the offer was still valid. I thought reserving it would be sufficient. I'm crushed.

Bummer, It slightly hurt to pay for mine over a year in advance but I didn't know how long it would last.

Same thing happend to my sister with the AIBP. She put it in her cart and it went up between when she did that and when we cruised.

Depending on how long your cruise is, it might still be a good deal at $199?