Who would you pay to see?

Eglesbrech

"Boyzone will be performing in Britannia’s Limelight Club on 12-16 August 2017, the first five nights of Britannia’s 14-night Spain, France and Italy cruise, departing from Southampton. Tickets for each show cost £49 per person and include a three-course meal."

P&O are currently advertising the above shows. While Boyzone may not be my personal choice I really like the idea that P&O are bringing original artists onboard

and I would be more than happy to pay for an act that I liked. This would definitely attract me to a cruise as an added bonus to the ports of call.

Cunard had James Taylor and RCI had Brian May (no charge and amazing) but if I could have a cruise and a really good show then I would be more thanhappy to pay for it.

There has been a lot of discussion about "unbundling" cruises and while much of it related to food etc I don't approve. A really good show, for me, is different.

Would a big name attract you to a cruise and who would it be?

Isn't it Boyzlife rather than Boyzone? Which I think is one ex member of Boyzone and one ex member of Westlife.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

You are absolutely correct it is Boyzlife, must have autocorrected as I copied and pasted but I have autocorrect on for my (numerous) spelling errors.:)

As I was not a fan did not know any different.

Yes, I would certainly pay to see someone well known that I liked. How much, I wonder, would it cost to see them at such close quarters, on land?! Quite a lot more than £50 I suspect!

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.

We happy to pay a lot of money to go to concerts at home and on our next cruise we're more than happy to pay £22 each to see Claire Sweeney, Darren Day and Cheryl Baker. This is in the Limelight on Britannia and includes a special menu. They're hardly A-listers but we'll have a good evening's entertainment which will add to our enjoyment of our cruise.

We're also unlikely to use the MDR more than a few times, probably on formals. I'd rather pay and have a great time than go to the MDR and complain about the food

Having seen Claire Sweeney and Cheryl Baker for free in the theatre on a P&O ship IMO it just shows how much P&O are trying to get money at every opportunity for what was free before is now chargeable and the free are of a lower standard than in the past.

I think the charge in the Limelight is for the food not the performers as most of them are unknown.

The fact they are charging more for Boyzlife would seem to echo this. Therefore £27 isn't really a lot for quite well known artists.

I think the charge in the Limelight is for the food not the performers as most of them are unknown.

The fact they are charging more for Boyzlife would seem to echo this. Therefore £27 isn't really a lot for quite well known artists.

Don't actually agree with that. They're not A-listers as I said but they are all well-known, or at least I know all the performers that appear in the Limelight as I've seen the on TV or know their albums and I'm delighted with the 4 who'll be there when we're aboard in June.

We have seen Michael Ball and Katherine Jenkins on P&O and both were free. I would probably pay to see either of them again.

I agree with Majortom that P&O seem to be trying to charge for what was as free in the past.

We have seen Michael Ball and Katherine Jenkins on P&O and both were free. I would probably pay to see either of them again.

I agree with Majortom that P&O seem to be trying to charge for what was as free in the past.

Alfie Boe and Katherine Jenkins were one off specials and have never been the norm for entertainment standards on P&O and we saw Kiki Dee on the maiden cruise in Limelight and was well worth the £22 but don't think the charge is for the food because there is no great choice and didn't think it was much better than MDR.

Yes, I would certainly pay to see someone well known that I liked. How much, I wonder, would it cost to see them at such close quarters, on land?! Quite a lot more than £50 I suspect!

I don't know about them but we just went to see a band of the same era a couple of weeks ago and we were £160 for 2 tickets so the price on P&O is very, very reasonable.

Isn't it Boyzlife rather than Boyzone? Which I think is one ex member of Boyzone and one ex member of Westlife.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

A friend of mine has seen this show and unfortunately said that these two can no longer sing, she said it was awful.

We rarely go to the onboard shows and probably wouldn't pay an upcharge to go to one. I think Joni Mitchell (who no longer performs) is the only performer who could entice me to book a cruise just to see her perform, or to pay an upcharge to see the show.

A friend of mine has seen this show and unfortunately said that these two can no longer sing, she said it was awful.

I do not think either could ever sing one left Westlife very early on and the other was really just a backing singer for the main singer of the band Ronan Keating of what were both manufactured bands.

I am gutted to read this because we are on the Ventura in October and I'd have really liked to see Boyzone (especially if they are indeed half of Westlife because I was a massive Westlife fan). £49 each including dinner is a great price.

Having said that I'd be insulted if I was asked to pay to see Claire Sweeney, Cheryl Baker or Darren Day LOL!!!

We would probably pay to see Katherine Jenkins I guess.

I will have to check out who is on Ventura - how can I find out?

I do not think either could ever sing one left Westlife very early on and the other was really just a backing singer for the main singer of the band Ronan Keating of what were both manufactured bands.

Sounds like Bryan McFadden... can't comment on his singing ability but the others in Westlife can certainly sing - Ive seen them live many times. Saw Boyzone too. Just because they are part of todays "Cowell Culture" it doesn't mean they can't sing. These days they have to cut it live. Nobody gets up and mimes at live gigs - and live gigs is where they make their money, because the industry doesn't make money off record sales like it used to!

Sounds like Bryan McFadden... can't comment on his singing ability but the others in Westlife can certainly sing - Ive seen them live many times. Saw Boyzone too. Just because they are part of todays "Cowell Culture" it doesn't mean they can't sing. These days they have to cut it live. Nobody gets up and mimes at live gigs - and live gigs is where they make their money, because the industry doesn't make money off record sales like it used to!

Doesn't matter if the others could sing the only ones appearing on P&O and being asked to pay £49pp are Bryan McFadden and Keith Duffy.

I am gutted to read this because we are on the Ventura in October and I'd have really liked to see Boyzone (especially if they are indeed half of Westlife because I was a massive Westlife fan). £49 each including dinner is a great price.

Having said that I'd be insulted if I was asked to pay to see Claire Sweeney, Cheryl Baker or Darren Day LOL!!!

I will have to check out who is on Ventura - how can I find out?

They aren't appearing on Ventura. As the original post on this thread states, they are playing in The Limelight Club on Britannia, which is why there is a charge of £49.

Each to their own. I understand the three people we're seeing on Britannia are highly entertaining and provide good value.

Personally I would not want to see Keith Duffy and the premium price ticket is a joke. As for Katherine Jenkins - sorry too much of a high-pitched warbler for me. :') Not keen on the sopranos in general, I'm afraid

I'm surprised people who're around the same age as me haven't heard of Cheryl Baker at least, if they liked pop music in their youth. Buck's Fizz?? I enjoy all sorts of different T.V. programmes so I have heard of them all. They may not be current A-listers but they did have a popularity and in Darren Day's case notoriety :evilsmile:

Edited by tartanexile81

tartanexile, I hope you don't think I was criticising your choice. Everyone likes different things.

I'm sure you will have great nights.

Perhaps I should have said the food, fabulous venue, and ambience is why you pay more.