Getting to Horseshoe Beach

Lisakel

What is the best transportation for 4 adults who don't want to walk long distances to get from the dock to Horseshoe Beach?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Assuming you mean Horseshoe beach in Bermuda and you are docked at Kings warf ( where most Carnival go ) you can either take the bus or you can take a cab. The cabs are right outside the gated area, there is a circle where you can get one. not that far.

If you take the bus, I am 99% sure it is bus 7 ( you will be able to see a giant sign with the listing when you get off ) To catch the bus you need to walk abit further around to the right, like you are walking to the museum. The bus runs every 30 minutes, and is first come first serve. They tend to fill up fast when the ship first gets in port.

Also with the bus, you can buy your ticket on the bus, or save a few dollars and buy it at the visitor center. You only need to send 1 person to buy the tickets.

You are looking for the bus that takes South Road. Tell the driver when you get on you want off at Horseshoe beach and they will stop there for you. Getting back is the same two options.

Note that if you dont take a cab, you have to walk up and down the hill to get to the beach. It is not a small hill either.

We have done the bus 2 times.. lots of fun talking with the locals and the driver.

Thank you! I think we will take a cab so we don't have to walk up and down the hill!

You may be able to take the bus there, then use a taxi "shuttle" to get you up and down the hill. There were cabs there that were just doing the Hill last summer..

The bus will probably drop you at the road which is a long walk down the hill.

Best bet would be a minibus or cab that will take you to Lower parking area.

Horseshoe is about 25 min from Kings Warf.

As was just stated... Do not take public bus. The MINIbus is what you want. As you exit the ship you can bypass the taxi line and typically walk to the right. Over there is a minibus lot. Nearly any of them will take you to that beach for a good price. It takes you all the way to the bottom of the hill.

Also with the bus, you can buy your ticket on the bus, or save a few dollars and buy it at the visitor center. You only need to send 1 person to buy the tickets.

What they sell at the Visitor Information Center for single rides are tokens for $4.50. Not tickets. Paying on the bus requires $5 exact change in coins.

What they sell at the Visitor Information Center for single rides are tokens for $4.50. Not tickets. Paying on the bus requires $5 exact change in coins.

Weird, when we were there last in Nov it was definitely a ticket.. not tokens..

Any how, it is cheaper by a little and you can use your card if you like.. you don't need exact change. ( cash)

Weird, when we were there last in Nov it was definitely a ticket.. not tokens..

Any how, it is cheaper by a little and you can use your card if you like.. you don't need exact change. ( cash)

In all my years of traveling to Bermuda, including last October, I've never seen individual tickets sold for the buses and ferries. (I guess they could have been years ago, but certainly not for many years.) Tickets are sold in books of 15. Tokens are sold for individual rides. Any chance you bought a transportation pass, which about the size of a credit card, that you just show to the bus driver or ferry crew while boarding, but isn't handed over to them because they're good for unlimited rides for one or multiple days?

In all my years of traveling to Bermuda, including last October, I've never seen individual tickets sold for the buses and ferries. (I guess they could have been years ago, but certainly not for many years.) Tickets are sold in books of 15. Tokens are sold for individual rides. Any chance you bought a transportation pass, which about the size of a credit card, that you just show to the bus driver or ferry crew while boarding, but isn't handed over to them because they're good for unlimited rides for one or multiple days?

That is probably what we bought, since it was good for 24hrs.

Makes more sense now. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

The bus will probably drop you at the road which is a long walk down the hill.

Best bet would be a minibus or cab that will take you to Lower parking area.

Horseshoe is about 25 min from Kings Warf.

And are the minibuses/shuttles waiting for the return trip as well? Last time we took a cab and told them what time to come back for us and to our surprise he did.

When we were there 2 weeks ago the lower lot was closed for renovation. The mini buses and cabs were parked in a area lot at the top of the trail entrance. I would bet they will now be in the lower lot now that it is open.

When we were there 2 weeks ago the lower lot was closed for renovation. The mini buses and cabs were parked in a area lot at the top of the trail entrance. I would bet they will now be in the lower lot now that it is open.

The main entrance reopened on schedule on May 1 and the renovated parking area down the hill is in use. Minibus and taxis will be parked parked there. Very convenient.

Edited by Charles4515

For the cabs and minibuses, do they only take cash?

In the past there was one taxi that took credit cards. Don't know about this year. You should expect to pay cash. (USD)

Minibuses, last year there were a few that took credit cards from one Minibus operator. Don't know about this year. Bottom line is you should expect to pay cash (USD) but you might be able to pay with a credit card if one of the drivers who takes them is available in the pickup places when you are ready to go.

In the past there was one taxi that took credit cards. Don't know about this year. You should expect to pay cash. (USD)

Minibuses, last year there were a few that took credit cards from one Minibus operator. Don't know about this year. Bottom line is you should expect to pay cash (USD) but you might be able to pay with a credit card if one of the drivers who takes them is available in the pickup places when you are ready to go.

thanks

We are arriving at 2 or 3 in the afternoon on the Grandeur, on a Saturday 7/15. If we take the minibus to the beach, will we have any trouble getting back to the ship? How late do they run? The ship is there until the next afternoon.

We are arriving at 2 or 3 in the afternoon on the Grandeur, on a Saturday 7/15. If we take the minibus to the beach, will we have any trouble getting back to the ship? How late do they run? The ship is there until the next afternoon.

I'm assuming you'll be going to Horseshoe Bay Beach.

I don't think you'll have a problem. If there is no mini bus waiting, you could walk to the public bus route at the top of the hill and take an outbound bus that is going to the Dockyard. The last bus leaves Hamilton at 9:15 pm. Just in case you have to use this bus, have the $5.00 fare in coins p/p, or a $4.50 token p/p.

Your other option would be a taxi if one is available.

SBtS

As was just stated... Do not take public bus. The MINIbus is what you want. As you exit the ship you can bypass the taxi line and typically walk to the right. Over there is a minibus lot. Nearly any of them will take you to that beach for a good price. It takes you all the way to the bottom of the hill.
We are on the Veendam docking in Hamilton . Are there minibuses from there to Horseshoe beach ?

And how much would they be .

thanx

Just back from a great cruise on the Anthem. We are mid-60's couple and loved the use of the bus/ferry pass. The number 7 bus is an easy trip to Horseshoe - catch the bus near the Frog and Onion pub. They have just completed the boardwalk from the road to the beach entrance and it was not a difficult walk unless someone has mobility issues. Even the uphill climb was not difficult as they have incorporated steps along the way, not just straight uphill.