Dare I mention boarding times!!!

Cappers

printed off our e-tickets tonight for Azura 28th May and noticed our boarding time is 1pm. This made me chuckle as every single cruise we've done now has either been 3pm or 3.30pm. I know most of you would be glad of that but I'm thinking how early we'll have to get up and set off to get to Southampton from the East Midlands :rolleyes: we can't go the day before as my son has work commitments,,so I'm irritated that it's so early;),,let's not get started on that old argument again though eh,,I just thought I'd tell you! Maybe we've piggybacked on our friends booking as they are in a suite and we've linked the bookings for dining purposes.

Don't think it is down to your booking along with your friends in a suite more down to the deck your cabin is on. If you are boarding later than your allocated time then at least you will go straight through. You will not be able to eat with your friends on boarding unless you all go to the buffet as suite passengers get their own lunch in another restaurant. Have a great cruise.

Perhaps we should start up our own boarding time 'swap' group. We have 3.30 for our next cruise and would love to have your 1pm, as invariably we will get to the port much earlier. Don't turn this into a big discussion thread again!

Don't think it is down to your booking along with your friends in a suite more down to the deck your cabin is on. If you are boarding later than your allocated time then at least you will go straight through. You will not be able to eat with your friends on boarding unless you all go to the buffet as suite passengers get their own lunch in another restaurant. Have a great cruise.

Unfortunately Suite passengers do not get their own lunch in another restaurant - not sure where you've got that from. They do get breakfast in a separate place though - on Azura it will be in what used to be called Seventeen and is now called Epicurean.

:D Yes,,let's stop it now,,really didn't want to start another boarding time " discussion"..it just amused me and I thought I would try and inject some lightheartedness around this very touchy subject!

Bookings are linked so we get the same dining room for whole cruise not just embarkation day.,,did it on the advice of someone very kind on here.

Unfortunately Suite passengers do not get their own lunch in another restaurant - not sure where you've got that from. They do get breakfast in a separate place though - on Azura it will be in what used to be called Seventeen and is now called Epicurean.

I meant suite passengers get drinks and canapes on arrival.

We have had 1 pm embarkation time on Lido deck on Azura ? Are you on Lido, Cappers?

Funnily enough,,yes we are. Does that match up with those times that someone was talking about just recently?

I know most of you would be glad of that but I'm thinking how early we'll have to get up and set off to get to Southampton from the East Midlands :rolleyes:

We leave from Sheffield or York for our Southampton cruises and are usually there by 11. Usually wake early the day of a cruise and for us it's better to be there than worry about delays. I couldn't plan a journey to get there after 1pm as the room for delays/breakdown is very small.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Funnily enough,,yes we are. Does that match up with those times that someone was talking about just recently?

Yes it does - and with my own experience three times running. I wonder if it is because it is at the top of the ship tucked away a bit? And the only few cabins on Lido deck - so best get us up and out of the way before the majority load lol? Disembarkation is really good as well as there is only a small area in the hangar for Lido deck and so you find your luggage quickly.

• 2 weeks later...
surely the boarding time refers to the earliest they can accommodate you, people must be genuinely late on a frequent basis. So i would arrive at a time thats suits you but before the ship sails :)

As a number of posters over time have mentioned on different threads, the boarding time is done by deck.

Unfortunately it is nothing to do with where you come from and how far you have to travel. Shame, but there you go.

Hols4

Went on Arcadia April 27th,had 1.30pm boarding time.We travelled the day before so turned up at noon prepared to wait but they were booking everyone in straight away and then making you wait until you card letter was called.It seemed to go much smoother don't know if this a new thing. We were onboard at 1pm and were offered snacks and drinks like the suite passengers even though we had a balcony cabin as the cabin was not ready.u

Sent from my iPad using Forums