Registered Massage Therapists?

YYC009

If I go to the spa, are the massage treatments done by Registered Massage Therapists?

I ask because my work health care plan covers up to a certain amount each year for massages and I would submit the claim if I go.

My insurance list all the local businesses that are covered by their policy on their website, cruise lines weren't included.

You might have a hard time arguing your massage on your cruise vacation was a genuine medical benefit 😀

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

If I go to the spa, are the massage treatments done by Registered Massage Therapists?

I ask because my work health care plan covers up to a certain amount each year for massages and I would submit the claim if I go.

Nice try.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It they are registered, it will generally not be in the USA. They all work for a third party company (such as Steiner) which hire nearly all Europeans. At least one luxury line uses a third party company based in the USA (I think its Canyon Ranch)...but this is not the norm.

Hank

It they are registered, it will generally not be in the USA. They all work for a third party company (such as Steiner) which hire nearly all Europeans. At least one luxury line uses a third party company based in the USA (I think its Canyon Ranch)...but this is not the norm.

Hank

Oceania uses Canyon Ranch.

My plan is pretty good. Doesn't matter where in the world it takes place. I got reimbursed for a massage at the Blue Lagoon in Iceland and the InterContinental Resort in Tahiti, among others. I only have to prove it was done by a Registered Massage Therapist.

I guess I will try to find out what company NCL and Princess use.

Are you certain the requirement isn't that the "treatment" be provided by a Licensed Massage Therapist rather than a Registered Massage Therapist? Of course neither term is subject to standard definition - even in the U S, so it sounds like an extraordinarily generous health insurance plan.

And neither term is likely to be applicable in the case of cruise ship practitioners - who are very rarely U S nationality or residence.

Are you certain the requirement isn't that the "treatment" be provided by a Licensed Massage Therapist rather than a Registered Massage Therapist? Of course neither term is subject to standard definition - even in the U S, so it sounds like an extraordinarily generous health insurance plan.

And neither term is likely to be applicable in the case of cruise ship practitioners - who are very rarely U S nationality or residence.

Yeah- almost too good to be true.