Azamara Website

gwesq

Am looking int the 10 night intensive Cuba trip on March 9. So when I try to get info about the ports and see excursions, I scroll to Cienfuegos and all the excursions are in St. Maarten. Then excursions "At Sea" are St. Kitt's excursions. Havana shows a San Juan city tour.

So where is the CORRECT information?

Bonnie -- When you download the shore excursions brochure for the Jan. 15, 2018 Costa Rica cruise the cover is a montage of ports in Mexico. It's a minor point, but the cruise doesn't go to Mexico at all so it would be nice if it actually showed some of the places we will be going!

Hi gwesq,

Hmmmm, you're correct, we have the wrong tours linked to this voyage. I'll let our Tour Department know.

Hey Bonnie

I own an advertising agency and I have a great web designer. Please tell RCCL, Celebrity and Azamara they make too many mistakes. I assure you we would not make the mistakes these people do and save a lot of their customers a lot of aggravation. I have been publishing magazines for 24 years and have yet to make a boo boo. Please tell them it is called proofreading then proofreading again then proofreading for a third time...........lol. I still don;t have an answer to my question I asked a month ago about a tour leaving before the ship arrives.

LOL

Kathy

Bonnie,

While we are on the subject I have a few questions too,

on our excursions brochure for Singapore to Bali January 2018 there are no excursions for Surabaya. There are two Azamazing evenings, one in Celukan and one in Bali not bad for a 7 day cruise!

Rosalyn

Bonnie,

on our excursions brochure for Singapore to Bali January 2018 there are no excursions for Surabaya. There are two Azamazing evenings, one in Celukan and one in Bali not bad for a 7 day cruise!

Rosalyn

Rosalyn

We are on the following cruise from Bali to Sydney January 2018 and there are No Azamazing evenings on a 17 day Cruise

Fred

Hi Fred,

You beat me to it, I was just going to add this to my post, we are also on this cruise. It looks as though there is still quite a bit of tweaking to do to the excursions but there is still plenty of time yet.

Maybe you would like to join us on the roll call?

Rosalyn

Bonnie,

Rosalyn

I'll see if we can straighten this out next week, as well as the Bali-Sydney Azamazing Evening.

Rosalyn

We are on the following cruise from Bali to Sydney January 2018 and there are No Azamazing evenings on a 17 day Cruise

Fred

My travel agent said it will be on our stopover in Perth :D

I'll see if we can straighten this out next week, as well as the Bali-Sydney Azamazing Evening.

Well - partial.

The excursions now are showing for last 3 days & Labadee(Where most excursions just show name & price - no descriptions) - but nothing other than that. No Cienfuegos, and no Santiago, which are ports I am not familiar with.

Am looking int the 10 night intensive Cuba trip on March 9. So when I try to get info about the ports and see excursions, I scroll to Cienfuegos and all the excursions are in St. Maarten. Then excursions "At Sea" are St. Kitt's excursions. Havana shows a San Juan city tour.

So where is the CORRECT information?

Hi gwesq,

I'm told the March 9 tours are now reflecting the new Cuba itinerary. BUT they are still working on the tours for Cienfuegos since it is a new port of call for us. This will take more time.

I'm also hearing that instead of downloading the tour brochure, you should access the available tours via your booking on your MyAzamara site. (Apparently the downloadable brochures are only updating every couple days, not every day.)

Bonnie,

Rosalyn

RE: January 14th sailing on the Journey: we have only one AzAmazing Evening (AEE). It is scheduled to be in Celukan Bawang, Bali. (This is one place, not two.)

This AEE is available for bookings.

Rosalyn

Fred

RE: January 21st sailing on the Journey: This cruise's AEE is going to be in Perth. We are still working on the details and will be available in the coming months.

Hi gwesq,

I'm told the March 9 tours are now reflecting the new Cuba itinerary. BUT they are still working on the tours for Cienfuegos since it is a new port of call for us. This will take more time.

I'm also hearing that instead of downloading the tour brochure, you should access the available tours via your booking on your MyAzamara site. (Apparently the downloadable brochures are only updating every couple days, not every day.)

I have not booked this. COntemplating it, but would like to see what is doing in those 2 Cuba stops first.

Having never sailed Azamara, I am quite leery of this line due to the lack of information and confusion with respect to tours & itineraries. It is not only that I want to see information on how the line will deal with certain ports before I book (and I am told the info is only available after booking), but there are several others I have noticed having similar "communications" issues with this line. Also what I find lacking is information about onboard entertainment & enrichment. When I have sailed on Celebrity, their site could actually tell me who was going to be onboard lecturing & entertaining. IF that is available on the Az site, I haven't been able to find it. If someone could direct me there for the Mar 9 Quest, I'd appreciate it. Thanks

Lecturers etc are usually listed on the cruise itinerary page below the itinerary, once they have been agreed. I think that these will not have been agreed for this cruise yet, as the itinerary has changed fairly recently.

As far as the entertainment is concerned, I have never seen information about this before going onboard - Azamara does not really put its emphasis on the entertainment ( although they do have some very good acts'. It's a small ship and the emphasis is fairly low key, but they do pull out all the stops for the two Azamara free 'signature' events - White Night and the Azamazing Evening.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Having never sailed Azamara, I am quite leery of this line due to the lack of information and confusion with respect to tours & itineraries. It is not only that I want to see information on how the line will deal with certain ports before I book (and I am told the info is only available after booking), but there are several others I have noticed having similar "communications" issues with this line. Also what I find lacking is information about onboard entertainment & enrichment. When I have sailed on Celebrity, their site could actually tell me who was going to be onboard lecturing & entertaining. IF that is available on the Az site, I haven't been able to find it. If someone could direct me there for the Mar 9 Quest, I'd appreciate it. Thanks

Hi

I too am a first time traveler on Azamara and I agree with you 200%. However here is my take on all their confusion, screw ups, non-answers etc.

I am going to go for one main reason................it is the itinerary. I am in the advertising business and cannot fathom why they cannot get their act together. Whether they cannot find good people or what for their IT dept, sales dept etc. I do know this. I am Diamond Plus on RCCL, Elite on Celebrity and their information is ALWAYS as screwed up as Azamara. More so on phone calls to them than their web sites and tours. I learned several years ago although it angers me very much they seem to either not be intelligent enough to fix it or just don't care so I just go with it. The term ship of fools comes to mind when dealing with them..

Enough people on this site have said the staff on the ship makes up for the goofiness of the web site & tours. I kind of disagree with that. I am a planner and want things to go well or as planned. If I am spending this kind of money for a cruise and flying 15 hours I want things to go off without a hitch. I am still waiting for an answer for a post I made over a month ago about tours leaving at 8;30 am when the ship does not arrive until noon. DUH! I have been able to buy the tours I want ( I will not fuss about OBC as I want what I want and do not want to take a chance of them being sold out. Although there are only a few I am purchasing. I like to do private tours). I also have had no problem logging in or any other problem with their web site except it always says confirmed but 0 people.

I am not leaving until next year but being such a planner I have all tours except the one where they cannot get their act together that I posted about, my flight over, my hotel, all the tours for my stay in Dubai 4 days before the cruise, however no flight back yet. I think too early for that.

I decided I want the cruise so I figured I had two choices either deal with their nonsense and stupidity or not go. I choose to go. I will say this I also have a bite of a temper and living in Ft. Lauderdale I am less that an hour from the corporate offices. So I will hope and pray they do as they say as they should as well. I guess time will tell.

Whatever your decision I hope you have a good time

Kathy

Edited by rabin1

Hi gwesq,

Well, here it is, over 2 weeks later, and I still see no tours listed for the two other stops in Cuba. IF they are not planning ship's tours, they should say so. If they are planing tours, they should post them. Very very leery of this line based on what I see (or don't see) on its website. Even setting aside the lack of port info, the site is not easy to navigate & get info compared to other lines.

Hello gwesq,

I'm sorry; it may be awhile yet for you to see the new tours for March 2018. As I posted on another thread, all of our existing tours are being reviewed to see if they fit into our new Destination Immersion 2.0 programming...less big bus tours; more small group tours with more cultural immersion.

"The tours for 2018 have not been reviewed and revised yet. Personnel are working on Q4 2017, soon to move on to 2018." (Post 23 of the following thread).

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=53206360#post53206360

Thanks for the link to that thread. Agree with what rabin1 is saying there 100%. Not a good sign that the staff is cut far below what is necessary to keep things running smoothly. Penny-wise and Pound-foolish. Makes me even more reluctant than I was before to book anything on Azamara.

On the other hand, extra staff may only be needed when there is such a change in the type of excursion that Azamara want to offer. But in those circumstances it's no use taking on new staff, as I would think you would need to have a good knowledge of the local travel scene in order to do the job. Makes it very difficult to make these changes quickly. Better to do them thoroughly, as quick changes now may lead to mistakes - and even more complaints!

Sent from my iPad using Forums