Bonnie, Taormina update?

km32937

Bonnie,

I asked about the Taormina tour info on the Quest 29 May cruise. You were going to look into it (p.s. to km32937, I'll see what's up with the Taormina tour times.). Well they made a change--in price! I am referring to TO18 which is scheduled to depart at 2:00 pm for a six-hour tour. That would have the tour returning at 8:00 pm and the ship departs at 7:00. When I booked the tour the price was $139 and now it has changed to $145. I have canceled the tour but am still very interested in it. Can you please find out what is going on with this tour? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

I would like to see this tour, or similar, posted in a time frame that is possible with only 6-hours in port and of course returns prior to our departure. I would definitely rebook if that happens. This is not the only Taormina tour that returns after departure.

Bonnie, it is not only a question of return time : our stay in port has been, drastically shortened (two hours on a half day), so two excursions are now simply not doable in Taormina. The excursions team should modify or cancell those excursions, not just change the return hour (what they didn't do either!). With all due respect, I have to say that it's shocking for us to see that the fares of Taormina excursions have suddenly increased : a kind of "stay less, pay more", which is not a good way to help the medicine go down.

I know you make eveything to help us and I'm very sorry for you, because you are always on "first line" when something is going wrong.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Bonnie, it is not only a question of return time : our stay in port has been, drastically shortened (two hours on a half day), so two excursions are now simply not doable in Taormina. The excursions team should modify or cancell those excursions, not just change the return hour (what they didn't do either!). With all due respect, I have to say that it's shocking for us to see that the fares of Taormina excursions have suddenly increased : a kind of "stay less, pay more", which is not a good way to help the medicine go down.

I know you make eveything to help us and I'm very sorry for you, because you are always on "first line" when something is going wrong.

It's very possible that they've had to find new vendors for the change in times and as such the vendors may be costing Azamara more.

Everything is possible, Laurieb (even that the excursions team suddenly realized that an helicopter direct transfer from the ship was the only solution to make those excursions, which could explain why the prices increased [emoji6]), but, if your explanation is correct, it's, at least, clumsy to increase fares before changing hours. You follow the roll call, like me, and you know how sensitive the question of the new itinerary is, for some people, specially for newcomers, so I hope Bonnie and you will excuse me for moaning and nagging a little on this post![emoji846]

Also on this cruise. Taormina is super easy to do on your own. Taxis will be at the dock. Transfer from port to dock about 30 euros per taxi. I have no doubt they would take you further afield if you have another destination in mind. However I do understand your frustration with the seemingly inept postings of shore excursions by Azamara. Thank goodness things improve onboard.

If you want another burst of laughter about "inept postings", just have a look at the new description (?????) of the "old Monaco" visit on the website : "enjoy a narrated walk in the basque town of Bayonne...where the city's prized ham is made". Ah! The worldwide famous Monaco ham!

If you want another burst of laughter about "inept postings", just have a look at the new description (?????) of the "old Monaco" visit on the website : "enjoy a narrated walk in the basque town of Bayonne...where the city's prized ham is made". Ah! The worldwide famous Monaco ham!

That is too funny! Their attention to detail is truly frightening.

Everything is possible, Laurieb (even that the excursions team suddenly realized that an helicopter direct transfer from the ship was the only solution to make those excursions, which could explain why the prices increased [emoji6]), but, if your explanation is correct, it's, at least, clumsy to increase fares before changing hours. You follow the roll call, like me, and you know how sensitive the question of the new itinerary is, for some people, specially for newcomers, so I hope Bonnie and you will excuse me for moaning and nagging a little on this post![emoji846]

Ohh no need to be excused [emoji6]

I know it's disappointing to you and others and not being able to get all of ones ducks in a row can be frustrating. I would hope they'll have them all correct by the time we board the ship

Sent from my iPhone using Forums