Question on transfers in Nice

AnnetteSC

Our cruise departs from Nice. We booked flights from NY through choiceair because they were much cheaper than booking on our own. Transfers from airport to ship were offered but we decided to wait booking them until trip got closer.

I was just looking on Azamara's website and it looks like the airport is about 10 kilometers, about 15 minute drive, to cruise ship.

Transfers for 3 of us were well over $100. Now that we know it's so close, should we just get a taxi instead?

Thanks!

Yes, the port (Port Lympia) is only a 20 minute drive away, and there are several options without paying the high price for Azamaras transfer.

For the three of you, just take a taxi or Uber which is cheaper and more reliable than a taxi.

Re taxis, there are plenty at the airport but they have quite a bad reputation for overcharging tourists.

We booked using Sun transfers. Well recommended by friends who go to Nice often and also on this board. Cost from airport to Port was 34 euros for up to 3 passengers. Haven't booked our return to the airport yet as not sure what is the latest we can get off the ship (13.55 flight to Heathrow). Other option is Uber.

We booked using Sun transfers. Well recommended by friends who go to Nice often and also on this board. Cost from airport to Port was 34 euros for up to 3 passengers. Haven't booked our return to the airport yet as not sure what is the latest we can get off the ship (13.55 flight to Heathrow). Other option is Uber.

Azamara transfer from port to Nice airport this Wednesday is $16.50/person. Last departure from ship for coach transfer to airport is 8:40am. Delayed disembarkation not available in Nice.

Azamara transfer from port to Nice airport this Wednesday is $16.50/person. Last departure from ship for coach transfer to airport is 8:40am. Delayed disembarkation not available in Nice.

Where did you see that quote, marinaro? I was trying to find the precise quote last night on Azamara's website but it wouldn't show me, despite my many attempts. I only remembered what was quoted when we booked the flights (three weeks ago).

I don't doubt you but in Larry Pimentel's long message to us all about the changes to the cruise departing next Monday 29th, he says that late departures will be available for $35 per person. This includes snacks its at Mosaic and lunch in Windows. This would give us rather more time than we need on board as we would hope to get off at around 10.30 - so still not sure if that is allowed. His message does also confirm airport transfers at $16.50.

Where did you see that quote, marinaro? I was trying to find the precise quote last night on Azamara's website but it wouldn't show me, despite my many attempts. I only remembered what was quoted when we booked the flights (three weeks ago).

The $16.50 transfer to the airport was offered on Quest's current cruise disembarking in Nice in two days and the $33 charge for two appears in my onboard account.