Contact Info for Folks Left Behind

Alaskan cruise, Vancouver to Whittier on Coral Princess coming up. I'm trying to compile contact info for house sitter and children left behind. Will someone with experience please share the best way of getting messages (routine) and emergency calls to me on sea days?

Alaskan cruise, Vancouver to Whittier on Coral Princess coming up. I'm trying to compile contact info for house sitter and children left behind. Will someone with experience please share the best way of getting messages (routine) and emergency calls to me on sea days?

Every cruise line has an emergency contact number.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The information on how to call the Coral Princess in an emergency is here (It is very expensive):

http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/onboard/in_touch.jsp

The best way to stay in touch while aboard is with email. When you are in port, you might text or call using your cellphone when you are in towns. Out in the boonies or on a boat excursion, you probably won't have connectivity. Here is information about cellphone provider roaming in Alaska:

http://his-hers-alaska.com/surviving-alaska-will-my-cell-phone-work-in-alaska/

Call Princess to ask how to contact Coral when it is sailing. Once onboard and if you have a smart phone, you can buy internet minutes and enable the phone's WiFi Calling. You will then be able to send text message or call home to give instructions on how to communicate with you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As Alaska is part of the US your cellphone will work in the Alaskan ports of call for texts, emails, or calls. You can also contact your provider to see what kind of "at sea" packages they offer for communications through your cell on board. And as others have mentioned the ship's emergency numbers are published for passengers use.

Sorry - should have read the other posts closer - much of my info is the same as SuiteTraveler.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
Update from other posts.

You may also want to consider leaving a "medical power of attorney" with the sitter. You can outline exactly what they are/are not allowed to approve in case of an emergency. This is especially important if the sitter is not an older sibling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk