Bermuda - A Novice Guide?

jwjax

I will be in Bermuda next April. First time!!:)

I have read all about buses, ferry's and taxis/vans!:)

How long is/are the island(s), bus trip times to the other end (from the cruise port) etc...

I am sure there may a link to a forum like this. I just could not find it, after several searches.

I saw a thread about 2 days in port...any best ideas on seeing Bermuda?:)

All the bus routes go from either the Dockyard to Hamilton or from St George to Hamilton for the most part. From the Dockyard to Horseshoe Bay, it takes about a half hour to 45 minutes. To Hamilton, add another 20 minutes or so. Download the Bermuda Tourism app. It's a godsend.

I will be in Bermuda next April. First time!!:)

I have read all about buses, ferry's and taxis/vans!:)

How long is/are the island(s), bus trip times to the other end (from the cruise port) etc...

I am sure there may a link to a forum like this. I just could not find it, after several searches.

I saw a thread about 2 days in port...any best ideas on seeing Bermuda?:)

Some background on the Bermuda bus system, Hamilton is the hub for bus service. A bus is either outbound from Hamilton or inbound to Hamilton. There are 11 numbered bus routes that cover the islands, and all except one route (#6) start and end in Hamilton. The other starts and ends in St George's.

The average cruise ship tourists will only use 2 routes during their stay. They will take a route #7 bus from the Dockyard (cruise port) to Horseshoe Bay (the most popular South Shore beach) and return; and they will take the route #10 or #11 bus from Hamilton to St George's and return. This bus serves BAMZ, the caves, and the Swizzle Inn. The more adventurous tourists will take other routes.

The travel time for Hamilton <> Dockyard is about 62 minutes with intermediate stops less time. The travel time for Hamilton <> St George's is about 50 minutes with intermediate stops less time.

There is alternative way for travel Hamilton <> Dockyard and Hamilton <> St George's, and that would be the ferry with travel times about 20 minutes and about 45 minutes, respectively.

There are other options for travel. Mini-buses travel between the Dockyard and Horseshoe Bay Beach; and taxi will take you anywhere but they are expensive. Taxis can be hired to do tours; this is a good way to see the islands if your time is limited.

If you are looking for another Bermuda forum, have you looked at TripAdvisor?

There is a simple map (showing bus routes & location of attractions) of Bermuda here, and a 'to do' list here.

SBtS