Priority Parking/Lounge in Baltimore?

bar1068

I read mention on another thread, someone stating they arrived to Port of Baltimore around noon, and non-priority folks were turned away from parking, only priority passengers were let through to park, or something to that effect? Never knew about priority parking in Baltimore. Also, is there a priority lounge in Baltimore? I do not recall one last time I sailed from there?

Arrived as late as noon at Baltimore but I never saw any indication that there was priority parking. Depending on what cruise line you're using there may be a priority waiting area in the terminal but it's really only a separate waiting section nothing special about the setup.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Forums mobile app

There is no priority parking. I am Platinum and got there about 11:15 and the cab wasn't even allowed in to drop off and we had to go circle the highway until 11:30. Unlike last time I sailed this year there was a separate priority area where they had coffee, juice, etc.

This is for Carnival, not sure how RCCL does this. Carnival has recently changed Pride's arrival time in Baltimore to 1000. Which means the Cruise Terminal will not allow cars to enter until the ship is docked and passengers are debarking. Also, the Baltimore Cruise Terminal has started to use staggered check-in times and the earliest check-in slot begins at 1230. There is no Priority parking line; however, when you drive into the lot they'll ask you if you're dropping off luggage or just dropping off pax. If luggage, then they'll direct you to the line for dropping off luggage. You'll drive up to where the porters are taking bags and putting them on trolleys [Note: while tipping is not "required", I strongly suggest it, especially if your bags are heavy. $1-2 per bag is appreciated]. Then you'll get in line to pay for your parking. Here is where the "Priority Parking" confusion may have come from. If you are willing to pay cash and have exact change, you'll be able to get thru quicker than if you pay with a cc.

There is a Priority line for security if you are Diamond, Platinum, Suite guest, or FTTF. There is also a Priority line for check-in for the aforementioned folks. There used to be a separate, private room for those folks to check in, but that wasn't being used the last time I cruised out of there (OCT16). Once you're checked in they'll assign a boarding group and you'll go sit with them until they call you to board. The good news is that the boarding gangway has been repaired so you don't have to board on A Deck. Hope this helps.