wedding called off; honeymoon cruise now no longer

njsonja

so my daughter called off the wedding last night; it was supposed to happen today; she has a cabin for a 2 week b2b cruise on MSC; she has Allianz travel insurance....can't find anything about this; can find if you are in the midst of a separation or a divorce, that is a legitimate reason to cancel the cruise....

any ideas? would rather not lost that kind of money, she has no one she can go with, I MEAN NO ONE, and the thought of her being alone in a cabin on what was supposed to be her honeymoon cruise makes me nauseous.

please be gentle in your responses....i am in no mood for joking today...

It sucks but unless you have cancel for any reason I don't think that insurance will help. Probably best to cancel and at least recoup the port fees and any prepaid fees (excursions, gratuities, etc.)

I'm sorry, that is terrible. I agree, going by herself doesn't sound good.

I wonder if you could call Allianze and explain what happened? She will probably have to officially request something, but you might be able to get some info.

so my daughter called off the wedding last night; it was supposed to happen today; she has a cabin for a 2 week b2b cruise on MSC; she has Allianz travel insurance....can't find anything about this; can find if you are in the midst of a separation or a divorce, that is a legitimate reason to cancel the cruise....

any ideas? would rather not lost that kind of money, she has no one she can go with, I MEAN NO ONE, and the thought of her being alone in a cabin on what was supposed to be her honeymoon cruise makes me nauseous.

I know you are heart broken, for your daughter, because it hurts a parent more than if they themselves were being hurt. I hope your trip insurance company can somehow work something out, where some financial loss can be regained. I know this decision was not an easy one for your daughter. In taking this step, she has shown that she IS an adult. Hope she finds her path towards true happiness.

Kindness regards,

Mac

Unless she can find someone to go with her & MSC allows a name change (for a fee)

she either goes alone or loses the cruise $$

I think I saw a movie about this.(?)

BTW, shortly after my nieces BIG wedding, the groom told her, he was in love with the bridesmaid.

Stuff happens.

I know it's hard, but I truly admire and respect your daughter for making this brave decision. I don't have any advice, sorry, just these words. Best of luck to her in building the life of her dreams, one day, and one decision, at a time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If this can't be canceled .... I would certainly go with my daughter if I were you ... This might be the time to be with her one on one and give her the love and support she needs right now away from everyday life. Best wishes to both of you :*

I think I saw a movie about this.(?)

BTW, shortly after my nieces BIG wedding, the groom told her, he was in love with the bridesmaid.

Stuff happens.

This happened to me. Not fun at the time it happened, but now one of the best things to have happened to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If this can't be canceled .... I would certainly go with my daughter if I were you ... This might be the time to be with her one on one and give her the love and support she needs right now away from everyday life. Best wishes to both of you :*

Good suggestion -but if original post was correct/complete -- "NO ONE" can go with her, it won't work.

At the end of the day, it is better to call of a wedding last minute than have to face divorce later on. Sounds like the ex was not contributing to costs.

I think cancel for any reason requires a 48 hour notice and most cruise lines won't change names at the last minute. Personally if I were going through the upheaval of cancelling a marriage I might appreciate some time to myself.

Good suggestion -but if original post was correct/complete -- "NO ONE" can go with her, it won't work.

At the end of the day, it is better to call of a wedding last minute than have to face divorce later on. Sounds like the ex was not contributing to costs.

Thanks.....As her mom I "would" go with her and "make it work" regardless of what I would have to do. I guess I just got the impression the "no one" meant friend.

If you can't go with your daughter, and you can't get the fare back from insurance and the ex-fiancé can't go solo or with someone else, can your daughter go with the ex? Does she still get along with him? Was it the thought of marriage itself that caused her to cancel and not him?

Good Luck.

whoops, i guess i didn't mention i'm in the cabin next door....that's a very long story, and wasn't supposed to happen at all.....

SaveSave