Breakfast in the dining room.

keiann

My DH is a bacon lover. I don't fix it often, because he can eat a whole pound. If he asks for 10 pieces for breakfast in the dining room, will it be a problem? He would eat it all and not waste.

My DH is a bacon lover. I don't fix it often, because he can eat a whole pound. If he asks for 10 pieces for breakfast in the dining room, will it be a problem? He would eat it all and not waste.

It is my understanding that is true. There is also a breakfast buffet in the dining room and you can menu order or do the buffet or both. On the Buffet, he could take all the bacon he could happily eat!

It is my understanding that is true. There is also a breakfast buffet in the dining room and you can menu order or do the buffet or both. On the Buffet, he could take all the bacon he could happily eat!

At the buffet, bacon is usually served but you can ask for all you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There's no buffet IN the MDR only on the lido. The MDR has sit down service for the Sea Day Brunch and the port Day breakfast

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

My DH is also a bacon lover who doesn't eat it often. He likes to make a sandwich. He explained and they brought this whole huge plate. He had more than enough for his sandwich. We were with family and we passed the rest around. Nothing went to waste.

Another time on a different cruise they just brought 3 orders of bacon (about 4 pieces in each. That worked out great to. Just order multiple orders. You can do it at dinner and breakfast!

I love eating breakfast in the MDR.

They will bring it until he turns back into the pig from whence it came....:')

The MDR is THE PLACE for breakfast...I have no idea why so many people gravitate to the buffet! They have a wide variety of offerings from pancakes to french toast to eggs to omelets to cereals to yogurt to fruits etc and all the possible accompaniments. Your coffee/tea/hot chocolate is refilled and they will bring you all the pastries you want. They have a much wider array of juices including grapefruit, pineapple, tomato and prune. It is almost always open in time for even an early port of call.

On Sea Days, now that they serve brunch, we tend to go Lido for a continental breakfast and then have brunch in the MDR around 1130. The steak and eggs is usually pretty good, along with some of the other lunchier options.

We did the seaday brunch for the first time.....AMAZING, filet mignon and eggs....AMAZING! Will always hit the sea day brunch every cruise from now on....Oh and top it off with a MIMOSA or 2 if you have the cheers program! :)

We also love MDR for breakfast. Unless we are coming at different times and want to meet up (teenagers sleep later or have to get ready), we try to do MDR. Usually it's quicker, fresher and you don't have to wait in line for omelet!

The MDR is THE PLACE for breakfast...I have no idea why so many people gravitate to the buffet! They have a wide variety of offerings from pancakes to french toast to eggs to omelets to cereals to yogurt to fruits etc and all the possible accompaniments. Your coffee/tea/hot chocolate is refilled and they will bring you all the pastries you want. They have a much wider array of juices including grapefruit, pineapple, tomato and prune. It is almost always open in time for even an early port of call.

On Sea Days, now that they serve brunch, we tend to go Lido for a continental breakfast and then have brunch in the MDR around 1130. The steak and eggs is usually pretty good, along with some of the other lunchier options.

"The MDR is THE PLACE for breakfast".... I disagree.On our last two cruises (on two different ships), we sat with a large group from our roll call for sea day brunch. Service was very slow. On our last cruise, our waiter had a bad attitude for some reason. I came real close to saying something to the Maitre D, but opted to just eat and enjoy the time with our group. From now on, we'll go have breakfast at the buffet and arrange to meet with friends at a different time.

To answer the OP's question, if you or a family member (such as your husband) is a true bacon lover, the MDR would be the place to get it. The bacon served at the buffet is too greasy and limp for my taste. I like my bacon crispy, with all of the grease drained off. At the buffet, I typically opt for ham.

We never made it to the MDR breakfast as they close at 9am. The Sea Day Brunch is excellent. On shore days we would have a continental breakfast on the balcony and the buffet after. We always got our eggs at the omelet station as the eggs in the buffet were yukky.

I also love the MDR for breakfast. They will bring you as much of whatever it is that you wanted. I love getting my fresh fruit, and a poached egg. My toast is still fresh when it gets to me, and my coffee is always warm. Best part is that I don't have to walk around trying to balance my plate looking for a place to sit. For those of us who lack coordination, the MDR is my place to eat! Typically my older son will eat in the MDR with me, and my younger son and husband will just end up on the Lido at some point for breakfast. I had the Sea Day Brunch for the first time in January, and I really enjoyed it.

You can absolutely get as much bacon as you wish.

We really enjoy the MDR for breakfast. I'm the one who usually makes breakfast at home...and we're on vacation...so I enjoy someone making breakfast for me and serving it while I sit next to the window and gaze out at my adventure for the day. Someone bringing me mimosa and bellinis help further experience even more.

Edited by attran99
Updated

Love the MDR for breakfast but we need to keep it a secret because apparently about 90% of the passengers don't utilize it which is fine by me. I swear that filet mignon on the brunch days is one of the best things on Carnival.

And in case anyone asks, the dress code is not an issue at breakfast. Come as you are.

My DH is also a bacon lover who doesn't eat it often. He likes to make a sandwich. He explained and they brought this whole huge plate. He had more than enough for his sandwich. We were with family and we passed the rest around. Nothing went to waste.

Another time on a different cruise they just brought 3 orders of bacon (about 4 pieces in each. That worked out great to. Just order multiple orders. You can do it at dinner and breakfast!

I love eating breakfast in the MDR.

Thanks so much for the information. Just wondered if he could order all he wanted at one time.

Thanks for all the answers. That is the one thing that has helped me talk him into this cruise. He's really does not want to go, but is only doing it for me because it is our 25th anniversary. I have only been on 2 myself and would love to get him hooked.

Thanks for all the answers. That is the one thing that has helped me talk him into this cruise. He's really does not want to go, but is only doing it for me because it is our 25th anniversary. I have only been on 2 myself and would love to get him hooked.

Good luck! And Happy Anniversary! I used to cruise with my sister and my husband wanted nothing to do with it.

One time we were doing a cruise to nowhere - just a short weekend run. Her husband wanted to go so my DH grudgingly agreed to go also.

The weather was very stormy. We were rocking and rolling. Now DH was in the navy so that didn't bother him, but we couldn't use the pool or do anything outside, still he was hooked.

Next cruise, my sister and I were going to do a 4 or 5 day to Canada. I asked my husband if he wanted to go, even though my sister's husband wasn't going. He said yes, but he wanted to go someplace warm [emoji1]. I told him that those cruises were 8 days. He said okay and we were off!

Now he's just as likely to say "let's book a cruise" as I am! He's hooked! We have even begun to do river cruises also!

I think it was the bacon [emoji12]

They will bring ituntil he turns back into the pig from whence it came....:')

The MDR is THE PLACE for breakfast...I have no idea why so many people gravitate to the buffet! .

If it will put your mind at ease here is my reason for not falling in line and going to the MDR.

I don't cruise to eat. My choice in the morning is to take advantage of the opportunity a cruise provides to grab my cereal, then sit outside and watch the ocean in the morning rather than being in a "restaurant" environment.

Also, most mornings I go to the gym early and grab cereal, skim milk and a banana right after. Not sure you want me sitting next to you in the MDR coming from the gym.

Different choices for different people.

I find that while I love bacon..the bacon on the ship is either way overdone or way underdone...so mostly I avoid it now. I love the huevos rancheros and the filet and eggs...but my bacon loving kid eats it and they give him as much as he wants no matter where we go for breakfast!

We also love going to the MDR for breakfast. We also eat there on the last day of the cruise as it is more relaxed. We haven't been on Lido for breakfast on the final day of the cruise, but I do remember it was rather hectic up there on the last day. I prefer being waited on.