shareholder benefit / trade confirmation

suec12

I recently purchased the 100 shares - instead of my entire brokerage statement, can I provide the trade confirmation hard copy showing the purchase and my name with current date? what do you think?

Princess is looking for a monthly statement, though if the purchase is recent, within a month or two they "might" accept it. I am able to single out CCL on my online brokerage statement and print a copy that I FAX to Princess. Otherwise, contact your broker and ask if they could email it to you.

Be sure to cross out the brokerage account number or any SS identification before you submit it. I have never used the form reference so often here on CC; I simply write in my booking number, ship/cabin number and date of sailing.

Nice increase in dividends, too.

Darcy

The first time I applied for shareholder credit I provided a copy of the trade confirmation. It was accepted without comment.

I suggest you redact your brokerage account number and any other personal information not required...

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

All proper responses. We have used a process of cutting out blank pieces of paper to cover other securities, blacking out the account information, making a copy and then mailing it in with the form showing the voyage information. We did it this way because we didn't have a landline to fax this in and we saw confirmation on the website within a week.

We now have a landline, so we will be faxing the form(s) in before our September voyages and looking forward to seeing how quickly we get confirmation on the website. The shareholder benefit is a great perk ( a non-taxable kinda dividend) along with the dividend from CCL for owning the stock. Of course, it doesn't hurt that we bought the stock at less than $30 as share.

I don't send the entire statement, just the page that shows the Stock Position. At the top of the page is our names, the date of the stmt. This seems to work just fine. I do use a marker to Black Out my account number and circle the stock position I own.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We now have a landline, so we will be faxing the form(s) in before our September voyages and looking forward to seeing how quickly we get confirmation on the website.
You can send faxes right from your computer over the Internet. If you can get your statement in electronic format you can also edit out your account number etc. on the computer. No landline, no paper needed!

Of course you could go one step further and just send them a completely fake document showing that you have 100 shares. This is why I am pretty sure they don't just look at what you send them and give you the OBC. It must be the case that they have access to the list of actual, current shareholders on their side. They still need your documentation to get the exact spelling of your name etc., and they need it to be recent to minimize the chances of you wasting their time with outdated information, but then they check for themselves to see if you really still own the shares.

We faxed ours at 10am and asked for a confirmation email, which we got about 2pm. We booked thru a TA but did not need them to handle this. You should not do this more than 2 or 3 months prior to your sailing.

I used my trade confirmation just this week. I wouldn't have a statement listing it till 6/1 and my cruise is 6/10 so I didn't want to wait. I faxed it to 661-753-0180 and my credit was applied within a few days. I didn't receive any email confirmation, but saw the credit on my account on the website. I redacted the account number on my confirmation. The whole process was very simple and took almost no time!

I used my trade confirmation just this week. I wouldn't have a statement listing it till 6/1 and my cruise is 6/10 so I didn't want to wait. I faxed it to 661-753-0180 and my credit was applied within a few days. I didn't receive any email confirmation, but saw the credit on my account on the website. I redacted the account number on my confirmation. The whole process was very simple and took almost no time!

Great to know the timeline when the statement has to be submitted to Princess to get the OBC. I don't have a fax, so can I just mail the requested documents to Princes?

Great to know the timeline when the statement has to be submitted to Princess to get the OBC. I don't have a fax, so can I just mail the requested documents to Princes?

Quick answer is yes. We mailed ours last year since Princess was having issues with their fax machines. We live down the street from Princess. I noticed the credit within a weeks time.

Can you have a friend fax... I wouldn't trust the mail to get it to the correct desk, where the fax machine is right next to the person who handles the OBC.

It's just me, I'm a control freak and would rather know in 3 hours that it's done, instead of 2 weeks and we never recieved it.

Can you have a friend fax... I wouldn't trust the mail to get it to the correct desk, where the fax machine is right next to the person who handles the OBC.
I don't believe Princess cares who sends the fax. Also, I doubt faxes are printed on their end. They likely are received on a computer.

I don't believe Princess cares who sends the fax. Also, I doubt faxes are printed on their end. They likely are received on a computer.

Actually I was speaking to the girl on the phone as she watched my fax come thru. I was having trouble so she held on the phone with me while we waited. I think you may think they have modern equipment!

Actually I was speaking to the girl on the phone as she watched my fax come thru. I was having trouble so she held on the phone with me while we waited. I think you may think they have modern equipment!
I just can't imagine how many thousands of rolls of fax paper Princess would go through over the course of a year using an old-style fax machine. Then there is the storage or recycling issue. Just doesn't make sense not using a computer for a number of reasons.

Many fax programs try to duplicate the look of a fax machine in the way faxes are received.

The above notwithstanding, yes, they could still be using paper fax machines...

Fax servers can show you realtime information about anything coming in. Could be just looking at status window.

I just can't imagine how many thousands of rolls of fax paper Princess would go through over the course of a year using an old-style fax machine. Then there is the storage or recycling issue. Just doesn't make sense not using a computer for a number of reasons.

Many fax programs try to duplicate the look of a fax machine in the way faxes are received.

The above notwithstanding, yes, they could still be using paper fax machines...

This seemed to be a small office who handled these requests. It was a real machine because she had her "partner" run over and grab it before it was picked up by someone else. I was on the phone as she chatted with co-workers.

I am pretty sure they don't just look at what you send them and give you the OBC. It must be the case that they have access to the list of actual, current shareholders on their side.

Most people have their shares held in a stockbroker's account and thus to Princess (and Carnival Corp) they are in a "street" name, not in the names of the individual stockholders.

Most people have their shares held in a stockbroker's account and thus to Princess (and Carnival Corp) they are in a "street" name, not in the names of the individual stockholders.
Very good point… But then, anyone can knock up a bogus brokerage statement showing 100 shares and claim the benefit. How can they prevent this? :(

Very good point… But then, anyone can knock up a bogus brokerage statement showing 100 shares and claim the benefit. How can they prevent this? :(

Bogus brokerage stmt? They see hundreds of stmts a week and I'm pretty sure by now they have seen every brokerage company in existence. Unless you actually had access to "Blank Stock" or formally worked for the crook Bernie Madoff can you put together a bogus stmt, proxy, etc. Betting they would ask additional questions if your Proof of ownership was different from what they normally have seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Bogus brokerage stmt? They see hundreds of stmts a week and I'm pretty sure by now they have seen every brokerage company in existence. Unless you actually had access to "Blank Stock" or formally worked for the crook Bernie Madoff can you put together a bogus stmt, proxy, etc.
It's very easy to get hold of a real brokerage statement and edit it to say CCL. It will look exactly like a real statement from that broker, the only way they can check is by contacting the broker.