Cruises

Mary49

i go at least 1 time a year except for the last 3 years. I have booked to take my whole family in January and our group at church is going in feb. being retired, you go when the urge hits! lol

also, we have an ncl booked for this November!

We were going on a gradually increasingly frequent schedule - cutting the interim in half and headed to once a year. That was when I had four weeks of vacation before a couple job changes knocked me back to two weeks and now one week discretionary and one week "fixed" at Christmas-New Year week. Cruising will interfere with visiting some of the grandkids. Once we retire (6-7 years) we plan on two a year even if it is Alaska twice a year out of Seattle (no airfare) and both in inside cabin ( 1 balcony = 2 insides so rather go twice). Of course once retired it also opens up the chance to go back to more transatlantics which we love doing.

We did 2 for awhile especially when our son was in school, then switched to three. Last several years it is four. Many of our cruises are out of NY area, so we don't have to fly or drive to Florida. Some from Florida, Boston and this year we will try Baltimore.

One of our cruises out of four is my semiworking cruise, as I take it when whole company is working from home on Christmas week. It became possible when Royal ships started VOOM, which is great and cheap wifi. I can be all time on internet paying only $9-13 per day.

I hope with this innovation and maybe other lines adopting the same thing I'll be able to cruise 5-6 times a year. :)

Different answers for different periods in our lives. We started with an average of 1 cruise every 2 years when we were both working and had lots of family responsibilities. We didn't cruise at all for about 7-8 years while we owned a condo in Hawaii that took up much of our time and money. After we sold it, we've done 5 in the last 3 years, mostly longer cruises (up to 28 days each). After a recent health scare and recovery, we now have 3 booked in the next year! We don't do any cruises of less than 10 days unless we can find one leaving out of San Diego or Los Angeles.

Started with 1 a year and now up to 2. This year it will only be 1 because it's a 10-day Eastern European river cruise. If I were retired, I would cruise more often, or take longer cruises.

Roz

How many do you guys usually take a year? I have been taking at least 2. Usually go in May and then around September. Just curious....:D

Varies dramatically.

2014 1 8 days

2015 1 33 dats

2016 1 8 days

2017 3 5 days, 2 days, 9 days

2018 looks like none

2019 1 35 days

So a real mish mash

Usually 1 big long one, which can be a B2B or B2B2B. Since I am cruising for itineraries now, and everything is a long flight, I like to stretch them out. Last year was a B2B2B (2Meds and a TA), this year is a weird one. Just a local Pacific Coast, since it's RT from home, and Carib with daughter and grandson. Next year a B2B, Baltics and TA, which includes Iceland and Greenland. Just booked 2019, B2B in South America.

How many do you guys usually take a year? I have been taking at least 2. Usually go in May and then around September. Just curious....:D

Weird question!

How long a cruise (or cruises) would seem to make more sense for comparison.

One month long cruise vs 6 four day cruises?

We only usually cruise twice per year. But each time is generally no less than 3-5 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Weird question!

How long a cruise (or cruises) would seem to make more sense for comparison.

One month long cruise vs 6 four day cruises?

We only usually cruise twice per year. But each time is generally no less than 3-5 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Funny I only said to Mrs Gut the other day "We should limit it to two a year from now on, one for six months the other 183 days";p

Now that we are both retired usually 7 a year, with a B2B sometimes. It used to be 1 or 2 a year. This year we've been on 5 so far and have 2 more booked but I want to cruise in September too. Most was 13 with no cruise in January that year!

However, we have been cruising since 1985, 100++ cruises!