Cruise to Bahamas with "3 months more valid" passport

YMC

Hello

I'm a permanent resident (Green Card holder) and looking for 7-days Caribbeans cruise from the US to Bahamas, and could also be visiting San Juan, Puerto Rico on the same route. The cruise is being planned for June this year, while my passport is going to expire this October, and it's less than "at least six months validity remaining" that I can read in some sources. Other sources say that for close loop (when you embark and debark somewhere at the same port in Florida) 6-month is not a rule. I spent like 2-3 hours searching through different forums and articles regarding this problem, but information is very controversial. Where would you recommend me to get the most trustworthy answer? Should I call local travel agent, would it be enough maybe?

Called RoyalCarribian and NCL this weekend:

RoyalCarribian representative: 6-month rule is not applicable to close loop routes. You're good.

NCL representative: we do not recommend you do travel if you have less than 6-month valid passport. even in close loop route, you're debarking to the other state land and you need to comply with this state passport rules. You're at big risk Border control officer won't not let you embark our ship.

So I think it's sort of lottery. It seems like I need to postpone my cruise till next summer.

Edited by YMC