Equiniox - "Must Try" Drinks?

xambriel

My wife and I will be travelling on the Equinox in June and have, for the first time, had the premium drink package included as a perk! We've rarely consumed anything alcoholic besides wine or beer, and have never really tried many mixed drinks or liquors. But with the drink package, we're interested in exploring some new tastes! Why not? :)

Does anyone who has been aboard have a "ship specialty" that they really enjoyed, and would recommend?

Aspen coffee from Al Bacio and Mudslide from any bar but especially lounging by the pool...ahhhh, can't wait until we're on the Equinox in October!! Enjoy your cruise and hope you come back to report what you enjoyed with the new package!

Cathy

My wife and I will be travelling on the Equinox in June and have, for the first time, had the premium drink package included as a perk! We've rarely consumed anything alcoholic besides wine or beer, and have never really tried many mixed drinks or liquors. But with the drink package, we're interested in exploring some new tastes! Why not? :)

Does anyone who has been aboard have a "ship specialty" that they really enjoyed, and would recommend?

Chocolate martinis - I had them on the Reflection and they were awesome. We had the premium pkg as well - I tried just about all the drinks at the World Class bar, they were good.

Celebrity makes guavaberry coladas??? never had one on a ship-only in St Martin.....

Marsha

Pretty sure I was ordering them the last cruise :) After we left St. Marteen. I had never heard of Guavaberry until I stopped there and people from here told me you have to try guavaberry. Very good drink.

Just an FYI for when you do want to drink wine... We were just on the Equinox and had the Premium Package. Very inconsistent availability of wines from bar to bar. We were told that was done on purpose so each bar is its own 'experience'. Also, a wine available at a bar one day may not be available the next day as they would run out, even though that wine was still available somewhere else on the ship. We also had that happen in the dining room. Perhaps we got too attached to a small selection of wines, but even at the $13 a glass limit Celebrity does not provide very premium choices. Some of the pours were probably around 3 ounces. If I'd been paying for them I would not have been happy. All that said, we had plenty to drink.