FCC Expiration - Extension Possible?

crawford

Searched and haven't seen anything on this topic recently.

I have 2 FCC's expiring in June and would like them extended.

Anyone have luck getting an extension?

Tried emailing Captain's Circle; received a "no".

Don't currently have a cruise consultant; his email was kicked back to me.

Thanks!

I was successful last Fall, October I think, for FCD's that would've expired in December.

It may be that your request was too close to the expiration date and they are in the pipeline for refund already. Just a wild ___guess! :cool:

I had my FCC extended less than two weeks ago and it was the Princess person who suggested it; I didn't know it was possible.

I was paying my cruise balance over the phone and mentioned that a FCC had expired a week earlier and wondered when it would be returned to my cc. The gist of what she said was that in the UK they keep it active longer in case the holder wishes to extend, so I did, by a further year.

It was a smart move because I booked a further cruise a few days later when I had no intention of doing so :D

I had my FCC extended less than two weeks ago and it was the Princess person who suggested it; I didn't know it was possible.

I was paying my cruise balance over the phone and mentioned that a FCC had expired a week earlier and wondered when it would be returned to my cc. The gist of what she said was that in the UK they keep it active longer in case the holder wishes to extend, so I did, by a further year.

It was a smart move because I booked a further cruise a few days later when I had no intention of doing so :D

You can extend them by 2 years in the UK. We did this last year, so we could use them to book our upcoming cruise.

Sent from my VFD 900 using Tapatalk

Why not call Princess & ask??

Called the main number. Was on hold for 20 minutes. Nice representative who took all my information and passed it up to another department. Said I would get an email in a few days with a decision. Will update with their response.

Searched and haven't seen anything on this topic recently.

I have 2 FCC's expiring in June and would like them extended.

Anyone have luck getting an extension?

Tried emailing Captain's Circle; received a "no".

Don't currently have a cruise consultant; his email was kicked back to me.

Thanks!

Captain's Circle told me "no" also.

Call and sope to a regular Princess sales rep. She checked with someone, found it was OK to do so and had it extended while I was on the phone.

Captain's Circle told me "no" also.

Call and spoke to a regular Princess sales rep. She checked with someone, found it was OK to do so and had it extended while I was on the phone.

Couldn't get an answer yesterday; CS talked to someone but came back and couldn't give me an immediate answer.

Think it's kind of funny that they would't want to hold onto your cash a little longer.

I had two FCCs due to expire in mid May. I called Princess at most two weeks before, and they were happy to extend them two years. Of course, once my TA announced Memorial Day sales, I used them up immediately!

I had two FCCs due to expire in mid May. I called Princess at most two weeks before, and they were happy to extend them two years. Of course, once my TA announced Memorial Day sales, I used them up immediately!

My experience has been that they can be extended one time if applied to a specific booking, but not extended and left as Active FCCs. Seems as if there is not a lot of consistency on this.

My experience has been that they can be extended one time if applied to a specific booking, but not extended and left as Active FCCs. Seems as if there is not a lot of consistency on this.

Precisely why Cruise Critic is so great!

Thank you.

Couldn't get an answer yesterday; CS talked to someone but came back and couldn't give me an immediate answer.

No email response from Princess but checked my profile today (had been checking it daily) and was given a 2 year extension!

Hope to get a great deal soon!

Thanks for everyone's input!

I can tell you what I did, is look for a cruise i might like to do as far out as possible and use the fbd to book it. Then if it is not the cruise you want cancel it and book something else ... I did this on two future booking deposits til I used them.