World Cruise January 5, 2019

lrockwitt

We are looking into this cruise and am wondering if it is a new itinerary? We put this on hold and have noticed a lot of the categories are already sold out. It just came out. I find this a little strange?

Anyone else booking this cruise? Thoughts on itinerary?

Why do you have to put down a hefty deposit instead of just our FCC?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

This cruise is sold in various segments and both from Ft. Lauderdale and from Los Angeles. Certain cabins are allocated to each one. This may make it appear that more are booked. Also, FCD's cannot be used as deposits on aworld cruise, a princess policy probably because of the higher cost of the cruise.

Yes this is a new itinerary and is very popular. We just returned form the 2017 Word Cruise and we booked this one because it is a different itinerary. There were many on board who were going to book this one. You can't use the FCC for your deposit but you do get a substantial discount on the World Cruise it you have an FCC.

I found this statement on the FCD application form on the Princess website.

"For cruises 45 days or more, the reduced deposit and onboard credits do not apply. The reduced deposit requirement for these bookings may vary based on booking dates, and a fare discount of 3% is provided".

https://book.princess.com/html/personalizer/downloads/pdf/FutureCruiseDepositForm.pdf

"For cruises 45 days or more, the reduced deposit and onboard credits do not apply. The reduced deposit requirement for these bookings may vary based on booking dates, and a fare discount of 3% is provided".

https://book.princess.com/html/personalizer/downloads/pdf/FutureCruiseDepositForm.pdf

Guess we got lucky as we just applied our FCD as deposit on the 49 day FLL to LA repositioning on Royal in 2019. They also applied the OBC although I don't know if "lucky" is the right word. Yes, we did get the low deposit and the OBC but 3% would have been a lot more than the OBC.

Guess we got lucky as we just applied our FCD as deposit on the 49 day FLL to LA repositioning on Royal in 2019. They also applied the OBC although I don't know if "lucky" is the right word. Yes, we did get the low deposit and the OBC but 3% would have been a lot more than the OBC.

Maybe you could use the FCD form's information to get the 3% fare discount?

Maybe you could use the FCD form's information to get the 3% fare discount?

Perhaps so. They also added on an extra $500 each in OBC in addition to the credit from the FCD. I don't know why as I don't see a sale or promo listed with the booking on the Princess site.

We put a hold on it. It comes with a discount, paid gratuities and $500 OBC for each of us. This is not a promotion. It is a launching fare. Hopefully there will be a promotion for this cruise further down the road. This comes to my next question. If there is a promotion, do you keep the launching fare?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We put a hold on it. It comes with a discount, paid gratuities and $500 OBC for each of us. This is not a promotion. It is a launching fare. Hopefully there will be a promotion for this cruise further down the road. This comes to my next question. If there is a promotion, do you keep the launching fare?

/quote]

If you switch to a new promotion, you will get the pricing and amenities that come with that promotion. The 3% discount should still apply if you used an FCC.

/quote]

If you switch to a new promotion, you will get the pricing and amenities that come with that promotion. The 3% discount should still apply if you used an FCC.

Sooo... We didn't get the 3% discount. The cabin was listed at $9.054 per person and that is what we were charged. They did give us the $150 each OBC due to using the FCD but that comes to $300 OBC. The 3% would be $543.24. We also didn't get paid gratuities. How in heck did you get that? Is that for booking higher than a balcony or something?

I actually haven't seen anything on the site the even explains the $500 each OBC. Where is this stuff listed???

I did a dummy booking on the 49 day. Before the options, look at special offers. They show the 500 OBC and the paid gratuities checked for passengers 1 and 2. Don't know if the 3% applies since you fcd was accepted.

Holy Cow! I never saw that. I guess we do indeed have the gratuities paid. I just looked at where you said and then checked my booking for the option to pre-pay gratuities and it shows they are paid. Many thanks for assisting with my space out. I love how people on CC can be so helpful. I can always call them on a weekday and ask about the 3%. That would come to more than the OBC from the FCD. Of course I don't want to pay the full deposit either... Decisions, decisions. :confused:

Hmmmm.... If they have another Sip and Sail and if (a very big if) this cruise is covered under that promo I wonder if we would lose those things by moving it to the promo. Our gratuities in a balcony are $1,323. The AIBP would be $5,630.

This cruise is sold in various segments and both from Ft. Lauderdale and from Los Angeles. Certain cabins are allocated to each one. This may make it appear that more are booked. Also, FCD's cannot be used as deposits on aworld cruise, a princess policy probably because of the higher cost of the cruise.

You also can't use a FCD for a world cruise segment. We booked a Panama Canal that was a segment and weren't allowed to used our FCD, but were offered a discount that (IIRC) was $100pp.

Holy Cow! I never saw that. I guess we do indeed have the gratuities paid. I just looked at where you said and then checked my booking for the option to pre-pay gratuities and it shows they are paid. Many thanks for assisting with my space out. I love how people on CC can be so helpful. I can always call them on a weekday and ask about the 3%. That would come to more than the OBC from the FCD. Of course I don't want to pay the full deposit either... Decisions, decisions. :confused:

Hmmmm.... If they have another Sip and Sail and if (a very big if) this cruise is covered under that promo I wonder if we would lose those things by moving it to the promo. Our gratuities in a balcony are $1,323. The AIBP would be $5,630.

That's great that your gratuities are paid & hopefully you'll get the 3% discount.

Whenever we've considered rebooking during a promotion those conditions would cause us to lose our existing booking's benefits. We're currently booked with a 3 for Free promotion & since booking 9 months ago there's been nothing better for us. We have another couple of months before final payment to look for a better deal but that's doubtful for our cruise.

That's great that your gratuities are paid & hopefully you'll get the 3% discount.

Whenever we've considered rebooking during a promotion those conditions would cause us to lose our existing booking's benefits. We're currently booked with a 3 for Free promotion & since booking 9 months ago there's been nothing better for us. We have another couple of months before final payment to look for a better deal but that's doubtful for our cruise.

I'm afraid we would also lose the current benefits but the AIBP is "worth" more than the OBC. Yes, we have $1,000 OBC plus $150 more OBC for the FD (for whatever reason they accepted it). In addition we "might" be able to lose the $150 in exchange for a 3% discount which would be $543.24. The AIBP would be a lot more and the idea of a 49 day bar bill is majorly intimidating. Yes, we could lessen it massively if we smuggled booze onboard but we really don't have any interest in doing so. We're not big time into sneaking alcohol onboard. Heck, just yesterday I gave back a change at the grocery store. I made a small purchase and they handed me change for a $20 bill. I looked at it and handed it back and told them I had only given the $10 - not $20. Sure I could have "made out" and gotten extra change. So what? I've done this multiple times in the past. Sometimes being honest costs me money but it's worth it to me. I would still love to switch the booking to a Sip and Sail and, if we could keep the free gratuities and the $1,000 OBC it would be beyond awesome. :) (Yeah, right. Dream on. I will still wait and hope. :))

It's good to have dreams & hopefully they'll come true for your plans. :D

We're looking forward to our B2B cruises in 2019 from LA on the Royal sailing to the Mexican Riviera & a Wine Country Coastal to Vancouver. :D

Edited by Astro Flyer

The 3% discount is for a full world cruise not a segment.

I have no world cruise experience & thus can only go by the Princess FCD application's statement that the 3% discount is on cruises that are 45 days or more...are you're saying that statement is wrong? :confused:

I have no world cruise experience & thus can only go by the Princess FCD application's statement that the 3% discount is on cruises that are 45 days or more...are you're saying that statement is wrong? :confused:

Well... It certainly isn't completely accurate as I was given the reduced deposit and the $150 per person OBC from using the FCD and I only booked 49 days FLL to LA. Of course we should all realize that the only really consistent thing about Princess is that they don't seem to be consistent. :rolleyes:

This seems to be coming from One Source, the travel agent center. The statement is a little confusing because of the wording. First it says the reduced deposit does not apply and then it says the reduces deposit requirement for these bookings may vary. Anyway, I pulled up the the customer form from another site and it says. . . "Reduced deposit and onboard credits do not apply for Circle Pacific, World Cruise or World Cruise segment bookings. The reduced deposit requirement for these bookings may vary based on booking dates, and a fare discount of 3% is provided."

Future-Cruise-Credit-form-2016.pdf

Yes this is a new itinerary and is very popular. We just returned form the 2017 Word Cruise and we booked this one because it is a different itinerary. There were many on board who were going to book this one. You can't use the FCC for your deposit but you do get a substantial discount on the World Cruise it you have an FCC.

We did 54 days Sydney to Venice WC 2017. First time on Pacific and first time WC and first time longer than 18 days on a cruise. Loved every second of it! Saw this 2019 WC with email Princess sent. We are booked for the full 96 days LA to FLL!! Love this new itinerary and looking forward to the refurbishments on Pacific Princess. Tried to get our same room 4036 but had conflict with other segments already booked. But according to my TA, got a few doors down at 4044. Already excited!

We did 54 days Sydney to Venice WC 2017. First time on Pacific and first time WC and first time longer than 18 days on a cruise. Loved every second of it! Saw this 2019 WC with email Princess sent. We are booked for the full 96 days LA to FLL!! Love this new itinerary and looking forward to the refurbishments on Pacific Princess. Tried to get our same room 4036 but had conflict with other segments already booked. But according to my TA, got a few doors down at 4044. Already excited!

Yes, this is a very different itinerary and the full 111 days only has four segments instead of the usual six. I think the 96 day only has three segments. In any event that means fewer passenger changes. We're really looking forward to doing the segment from Sydney to Capetown. That's going to be amazing.

We finally got the 49 day FL to LA South America booked. There was no way Princess would use our FCC's. We did get the 3% fare discount. Our TA was also able to get the deposit reduced from 10% to 5%. Excited to be doing a long time bucket list cruise.

Cheers, Denise