Collapsible canvas wagon for carry on items

loosid

Hi All-

Going to Alaska on the Emerald tomorrow AM. Hoping to take a wagon for a 12 pack of soda and to help with our carryons (I'm dealing with calcification in my arm tendons-very painful!) so have called Princess with a guarded "no problem" just spoke with the Port employee who gave some conflicting info on the soda and the collapsable wagon. Anyone actually see these wagons on board or have more info? Thanks!

Yard_Carts&pla=pla_5436944&k_clickid=bbeb1899-4b2d-4b02-a843-1c802aa63928

As long as it can get thru the scanner you should have no problem.

Why not just put them into a rolling bag, putting the heavier items near the wheels? With the wagon, you'll probably have to take the stuff out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I realize you are asking about a "wagon" and not a cooler per se but this is from the Prohibited Items listing in the online FAQs:

http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/bring.jsp

• Coolers - only coolers approximately 12 x 12 x 12 in size (holds 6-12 cans of non-alcoholic beverages) are allowed. Guests carrying larger sizes will be directed to return them to their vehicle. If the guest is without a vehicle, the cooler will be destroyed in the same manner as other prohibited items. Exception: if the cooler is larger and contains baby food/formula, kosher food/special diet food or medication - these must be hand-carried. Coolers cannot be accepted as checked baggage. Whenever there is doubt an embarkation

(above quote is verbatim, including mid-sentence finish)

I would not be surprised if they try to enforce this size restriction simply because you are using your "wagon" to board your allowable non-alcoholic beverages. I agree with the above responses that you should expect to have to unload and demonstrate that it is collapsible. And I certainly wouldn't use it "on the ship" except to tote your items on and off in port. My guess is if they see it by the pool you will lose it. Assuming you get it on board in the first place...

(I'm dealing with calcification in my arm tendons-very painful!) so have called Princess with a guarded "no problem" just spoke with the Port employee who gave some conflicting info on the soda and the collapsible wagon.

...because as I read it you waited until the day before your cruise (on a Holiday weekend) to inquire? If you would have called during normal business hours and communicated your physical limitations to a supervisor and/or the special needs department you very likely would have received an official okey-dokey. So good luck tomorrow.

Fishywood-

Definitely using only for embarkment, I'm already afraid of looking like the Clampetts coming on board with my DH's beloved special soda, ha! As far as last minute, that for sure-wagon dawned on me last night so I figured I would check it out. Good news is the port called me back and gave me an all clear on both items so very thankful for that. We are first time cruisers and I've done a ton of research ahead, however these last minute details are a killer. Thanks for your well wishes-I'm already looking cruises for next year! :D

12 cans should fit perfectly in wheeled carry-on.

I own one of these wagons..... they are not light when carrying on a plane.

For the cost and hassle of the wagon.... it may be easier to just pay for a soda or beverage package.

For the cost and hassle of the wagon.... it may be easier to just pay for a soda or beverage package.

Won't just putting a luggage tag on it and checking it in result in it being delivered to your room with your other luggage? That is how it works on several other cruise lines. No need to carry it aboard, just like your main luggage.

If there's a luggage tag on the wagon and the wagon is being delivered to your room..... how are you hauling the soda's?

I thought @loosid wanted to use the wagon to move your carry on's and soda's. Doesn't liquids need to be brought aboard as carry-on?

If there's a luggage tag on the wagon and the wagon is being delivered to your room..... how are you hauling the soda's?

I thought @loosid wanted to use the wagon to move your carry on's and soda's. Doesn't liquids need to be brought aboard as carry-on?

Liquids can be carried or checked.

I can't/won't comment on the idea of using a wagon to transport beverages, but I feel confident the wagon itself is acceptable. We once saw one of those collapsible wagons used extensively on board and on shore to transport twin toddlers. They were absolutely darling in it and garnered a lot of positive comments from both passengers and crew.

I can't/won't comment on the idea of using a wagon to transport beverages, but I feel confident the wagon itself is acceptable. We once saw one of those collapsible wagons used extensively on board and on shore to transport twin toddlers. They were absolutely darling in it and garnered a lot of positive comments from both passengers and crew.

It is a very useful tool for those of us with small children. While mine aren't toddlers, they are elementary & they have a ton of "stuff" I had to pack heavy due to the cusp of seasons & Alaska being much colder in general. I'm afraid we have too much but the wagon would help embarking immensely (including that 12 pack) without double bagging the kids .

Hi All-

Going to Alaska on the Emerald tomorrow AM. Hoping to take a wagon for a 12 pack of soda and to help with our carryons (I'm dealing with calcification in my arm tendons-very painful!) so have called Princess with a guarded "no problem" just spoke with the Port employee who gave some conflicting info on the soda and the collapsable wagon. Anyone actually see these wagons on board or have more info? Thanks!

Yard_Carts&pla=pla_5436944&k_clickid=bbeb1899-4b2d-4b02-a843-1c802aa63928

I was in the security line behind a gent who had 6-8 cases of water, soda, etc on a luggage cart.

It was a nuisance, as it took him a while to struggle and take each one off the cart and put it on the

belt of the security machine; and then block the exit as he reclaimed each case.

It really slowed down the line.

WRT to the 'wagon' it will take up a lot of room in your cabin during the cruise.

I think a luggage cart that folds flat would be more practical.