Wine, Beer, and Soda

BlackJack2

What is Carnival's policy regarding bringing wine, beer, and soda onboard in your carry on luggage?

One bottle of wine per adult pax. One 12 pack of canned non-alcoholic beverages per pax. No beer allowed to be carried on.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

On our last cruise out of New Orleans people were bringing cases of water and soda with them. I saw one guy that had 5 cases of cokes on a buggy that he borrowed from the ship. Was taking them to his cabin. Looked like a lot of work to me to save a few bucks. The people I saw had already boarded the ship and were carrying their drinks around waiting for their cabins to be ready.

On our last cruise out of New Orleans people were bringing cases of water and soda with them. I saw one guy that had 5 cases of cokes on a buggy that he borrowed from the ship. Was taking them to his cabin. Looked like a lot of work to me to save a few bucks. The people I saw had already boarded the ship and were carrying their drinks around waiting for their cabins to be ready.

Bottles of any kind are not allowed anymore.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Bottle of wine will be charged $15 corkage fee if consumed in the main dining room.

Not always the case, but the easiest way to avoid this is to stop by the lobby bar and ask for a wine glass. Take it with you to dinner.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Bottle of wine will be charged $15 corkage fee if consumed in the main dining room.

This is not true, we have always brought bottles of wine with us to MDR either from what we brought on board with us or from our cabin (part of the wine package we purchase via Carnival)....they HAVE NOT charged a corkage fee even if we ask them to open the bottle (the wine package purchased via CCL is not subject to the fee). We always bring our own corkscrew for the cabin or ask the cabin steward for one if we forget.

If you purchase a bottle in the MDR you will more than likely be charged a fee.

This is not true, we have always brought bottles of wine with us to MDR either from what we brought on board with us or from our cabin (part of the wine package we purchase via Carnival)....they HAVE NOT charged a corkage fee even if we ask them to open the bottle (the wine package purchased via CCL is not subject to the fee). We always bring our own corkscrew for the cabin or ask the cabin steward for one if we forget.

If you purchase a bottle in the MDR you will more than likely be charged a fee.

Their policy is to charge the corkage fee if the wine was not purchased from Carnival, I.e. If you brought it on board yourself. How they know if you did this or not, I do not know. If you purchase it from Carnival, you will not be charged any fee. When we have brought it on ourselves we bring a glass of wine with us to dinner.

Do the cans of soda have to be packaged in cartons or can they just be loose?

They can be either way. At some ports they will open the carton, examine the contents, and (hopefully) tape it back up.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I use Rum Runners to bring extra beverages, particularly what I can't get on board. I still spend plenty with Carnival. I wear sandals to get on the Buoyancy Operated Aquatic Transport and put the rum runners in my sneakers in my luggage.