Quick Review of Carnival Vista.

Jthomasou

I was thoroughly impressed with the Vista. I was very concerned about the trip reading some of the comments.

Negatives

- couldn't get into Curaçao because of high winds it was disappointing but understandable.

- they installed a new elevator system that improved the elevator flow significantly. We were on a high floor and had few problems. The folks on the middle floors had problems. I would advise getting high floors or low.

- we were a bit late getting into grand Turk which caused back ups getting off the boat.

-dessert was inconsistent. Ice cream was not great.

Positives.

- the boat never felt crowded (except for elevators)

- the mdr had far more hits then misses.

- JiJis was amazing it was the best part of this board I would not have tried it if not for you

- embarkation and debarkabtion were easy easy easy. We were off the boat and at FLL for our flight by 830.

- Staff was amazing. I really liked having The crew able to mingle with customers was great.

- The gym was great

- The BBQ and Mongolian were great.

We thought the elevator system, in theory, worked.. except it left you waiting often. The back up in grand Turk wasnt too bad imo but it was frustrating having to wait at the end of deck 1 to disembark.

Will definitely agree about the elevators. The rest of the ship never felt crowded to us, either.

Thought the handmade ice cream was better than the soft serve.

Thank you for a mostly positive review. My husband and I are booked for March 2018 with two other couples. I am the instigator in this vacation and choice of boat, so if it is bad I am to blame, but if it is good, then I get the credit. :) Anyway, I always love my cruises, no matter which boat or port-of-call. I guess I am easy to please, but I still hope to have a bang-up vacation!!

- they installed a new elevator system that improved the elevator flow significantly. We were on a high floor and had few problems. The folks on the middle floors had problems. I would advise getting high floors or low.

It sounds like they're trying a "zoned" elevator system like larger hotels use...and in my experience with such systems, the people on the middle floors tend to, ahem, get shafted by it, just as you said.

Kudos to Carnival for at least TRYING to alleviate a common complaint here on CC about the Vista, though.

We'll be on Lido Deck in October, so hopefully we'll be good. :)

Positives.

- JiJis was amazing it was the best part of this board I would not have tried it if not for you

- The BBQ and Mongolian were great.

By "Mongolian" you mean JiJi's lunchtime service, right?

I'm glad to hear it was great since I'm a Mongolian "fiend" and have really missed having Mongolian Wok on my last few Carnival cruises. :)