Westerdam to Southeast Asia

barante

Westerdam is headed to Hong Kong in December, 2018, and seems positioned to replace the smaller Volendam on Indochina itineraries.

I will be very interested in a cruise and am wondering what seasoned travelers can advise about cabins. My choice is likely going to be between a front-facing OV (6001, 6002) or a cheap balcony. Ordinarily I would consider an aft balcony but we had such a disastrous soot-filled aft balcony on the Norwegian Sun that I think I will pass.

Years ago I much of this itinerary on the Costa Victoria. We ran up the Saigon River at an incredible speed. In turns, the ship listed some and stuff fell of tables!

I have had front facing cabin 6002 twice on the Westerdam. I liked it very much. We had cabin crawls on those two cruises and everyone thought that cabin was very unique. If you haven't seen photos let me know and I will post them.

I always get a cabin in the same location in the front of the ship, and have done the Atlantic and the Pacific without any problems. One time on the Atlantic I grabbed on to my mattress at night when we hit a big wave, but I doubt it was any better in other parts of the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Scrapnana, pls post photos if you have any. Thank you.

I once was upgraded from an inside to a front-facing OV on the Crown Princess. Loved it because it gave us a splendid view of what was ahead.

I booked a front-facing OV for a Gulf/Southern India cruise this Christmas on the Celebrity Constellation out of Abu Dhabi. I want to see the traffic in the Hormuz Strait.